Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2007, 03:50 PM
The King Of All VS2's

Default Blowback?

I Know A Lot About Paintball But One Thing That has Always Makes Me Think Is When People Say Spyders Are Blowbacks. What Does Blowbacks Mean And What Other Kinds Of Markers Are There.

[FS/T]Core2Quad Rig

*!VS2 Owners Group!*

From PbNation
"This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 32 seconds."
Old 07-18-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Blowback?

there are numerous kinds. Spool, closed bolt, open bolt, pump, Blowback.

It all has to do with how the marker cycles and gets ready for the next shot. if noone else responds i'll get back to you tonight, there are some good animations out there that explain it better than i could
Old 07-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Blowbacks are guns that require a small bit of the air released by the valve to "blow back" the striker, where it gets locked into place by the sear. Pulling the trigger moves the sear, which allows the striker to jump forward because of the spring behind it, striking the valve, which releases air up the bolt to shoot the ball out of the barrel, and moves the striker back into place again for the next shot.

Another operation is the FASORs which means Forward Air, Spring Operated Return. Air is moved through a Low Pressure Regulator into the back of a Ram sleeve like operation, which when the trigger is released, moves the bolt that is attached to a ram forward. A Main Spring moves the ram back into place for the next shot. No valve and electric solenoid like in a spyder. Rather, it uses a Pneumatic solenoid to operate.

Full Electro Pneumatic guns are those that utilize a pneumatic solenoid to move the ram forwards AND backwards. Timmy's use a poppit to release the air into the bolt area to propel the ball out of the breech.

Spool valves are different in that no poppit or valve is needed to release air. It's a different operation all together. Air fills a space behind the bolt, then when the trigger is pulled, the bolt is moved forward when air is released into a different chamber, then air fills another chamber and moves the bolt back into position again.

I'll look for some diagrams for you to further see it...
Old 07-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Got several of these images in various places, but most from ZDS paintball (best site for shocker owners, with a lot of good information on other markers. I highly recommend reading this site!)

As you can see, blowback is a much easier operation to tech and maintain.

blowback operation (ie Spyder and clones)

Electro Pneu (Intimidator, EGO, etc.)

http://home.pacbell.net/ocheung/intimidator.swf

Imagine that instead of air pushing the ram back in these two ^^ animations, you have a spring pushing them back - this would be FASOR operated...

Unbalanced spool valve (automags, Ions, Freestyle, etc.)

Balanced spool valve (Shockers, Matrices, etc...)

Old 07-18-2007, 04:56 PM
The King Of All VS2's

Thanks So Much For The Diagrams Viking. I Always Wondered What That Meant And Why Ions Didn't Have Cocking Knobs. But Now I Understand Everything. Thanks So Much.

[FS/T]Core2Quad Rig

*!VS2 Owners Group!*

From PbNation
"This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 32 seconds."
Old 07-18-2007, 05:44 PM

the site that compiles more of those

http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/animations.html