Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
yes, that is a paintball tank. dont ask why.

Default Barrels

I got my MR1 a couple months ago and i want to get a new barrel, but dont know what to look for....help me!
Old 07-12-2007, 04:19 PM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

Default Re: Barrels

What the #1 thing you need to look for is paint-to-bore match. Do you use one particular brand and type of paint? If so, get a one piece barrel that is slightly larger than the diameter of the paint. Use whatever paint/field paint? Look to spend a little more and get a kit that lets you change the bore of the barrel. Don't listen to people who say that "this barrel rockz!!!" It might be perfect for their paint-to-barrel match, but will cause you to have a blender. Yes, there are some barrels that are better than others, but what you want to do is decide on 3-4 different barrels, then ask again to make sure that no one has had any serious defects or problems with one of them.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 07-13-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Barrels

Here's a quick reviews of the ones ive used.

J&J 20" ceramic: Has the same flat black as the mr1, it is supposed to clean itself when a chop occurs, by shooting trough the broken paint. But i never chopped my mr1 yet. Accuracy was impressively improved with it. You will have same performances with shorter than 20" J&J barells. Paid it 40$ used.

14" Trinity for mr: Has the same flat black as the mr1, it is really light, but accuracy is just slightly increased. paid it 30$

RAP4 16" Riffled barrel: This cost me 150$ and came with a phantom handguard, its accuracy surpases the two barrels reviewed above. In 30 feet, it groups paintballs in 3 inches. It is gloss black. Bad thing, it is really tight bored, so it may chop cheap large paintball, but as i said, i never chopped a ball in my mr. I always use 100 cheap ball plus 600 - 800 competition balls in a day of paintball and the cheap ball never chopped either..

Hope this helps