Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2007, 03:33 PM
New Guy

Default just got a xtra

I just got a spyder xtra with a rhino hopper and I want to do upgrade but don't know what parts I need. I read the ottersc website and it was helpful but theres some parts I don't get. If I upgrade to get a on/off asa. what other parts do I need? regulator? lines? drop forward? any help? thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Has Been

Default Re: just got a xtra

congrats on the gun!
and welcome to the forums!!!
there is alot of stuff to learn here, and ask questions, because were here to help! but dont forget to use the search section.

If you search Ultimate Research Thread....there should be a long thread i made on alot of parts and what they do and recommended parts...
check there!

I would suggest to get a reg, and macroline. you will then need 2 fittings and a little adapter made by CP i think, that wil let you use the holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Quest

look at that.. I did it for you
Ultimate Spyder Resource Thread
Old 06-21-2007, 10:57 PM
New Guy

thank you. I never seen that. it helped a lot. I'm probably going to get a cp barrel, 32* spring kit, and striker and hammer. then a drop forward and regulator. the lines and adapters for the asa, drop forward, and regulator though where could I find them online?
Old 06-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Quest

Look inthe sales corner for some of the stuff. You can find many many things for a smaller price.

Check your pms.

There are many many different paintball sites you can buy the stuff from also. Look here. Boom

Don't get a new striker. Just polish the on you have now. The "how to" to that is on Otter's website

Last edited by NeedForSpeed : 06-22-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:48 PM
New Guy

thanks. I just got a cp barrel and spring kit. now I want to get a regulator. on/off asa, ss braided line and drop forward. what is a good brand to get. also I got lost when ottersc talked about staggered holes and adapters for a drop forward? can anyone specifically tell me this plz? thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Captain of Team Specter > The Reapers Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_13
thanks. I just got a cp barrel and spring kit. now I want to get a regulator. on/off asa, ss braided line and drop forward. what is a good brand to get. also I got lost when ottersc talked about staggered holes and adapters for a drop forward? can anyone specifically tell me this plz? thanks
you need to make sure the screws on the drop/asa match up with a spyder pattern, the holes are slight offset on the bottom of the grip where most screws are inline.

I have a CP drop and it works great, they should note if it has the spyder offset.

also I would go with Macro line and a CP reg. they look good and keep the weight down (make sure you get high pressure macro as well.

Sounds like you got a good start, now you should post pics
Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 AM
WILL WORK FOR PAINT!

Be sure to do a trigger job too. And polish the internals the whole gun behaves alot smother if you do.

Spyder Victor with a modded CORE derlin bolt, polished striker and polished valve assembly

BEING POOR SUCKS