Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > News & Updates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: Events threatening paintball industry in Quebec, Canada.

on a side note (don't mean to jack your thread) but racism is starting to become a problem. Well...im sure it's not everywhere, but mainly here in St. Louis. Gateway Paintball is the name of the field. I experienced it the first day i played. It's not large, but it has increased since i've played their (a year ago ). In addition, the staff their is doing a really crappy job of keeping the fields together. It's falling apart out here.

But hey, maybe it's just St. Louis?

Old 06-28-2007, 09:05 PM
*Insert Clever Title Here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
LOT of cities have banned it - look into most city codes and I'll bet you'll see several that say you can't fire a paintball gun within city limits. They may not necessarily enforce it yet, but it's on the books. Shoot, my own town has that law so we have our field just outside of the city limits.
I know Baltimore has a law like that, but I'm fairly sure there's some kind of "except within approved paintball facilities"-type provision in there...
Java 68/4500 tank
Old 06-29-2007, 04:01 AM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricochet08
on a side note (don't mean to jack your thread) but racism is starting to become a problem. Well...im sure it's not everywhere, but mainly here in St. Louis. Gateway Paintball is the name of the field. I experienced it the first day i played. It's not large, but it has increased since i've played their (a year ago ). In addition, the staff their is doing a really crappy job of keeping the fields together. It's falling apart out here.

But hey, maybe it's just St. Louis?
Starting? Hell, it's been going on for centuries! Unless you mean in the sport of paintball.. In which case, I would say it's relatively new. I'm surprised GatewayPB would have that kind of problem, though.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:48 AM
Spyder Addict

I don't care how experienced you are before you are allowed on the field for a day you should go through 10-15 minutes of field rule run down and safety...including you can under no certain terms lift your mask up or off for any reason unless your assigned ref has his mask completely off or you are in a gassed down marker zone.

If you're not assigned a ref (of course assigning a ref where I play is only for rec ball. tourneys are tourneys) then in any gassed up marker zone your mask is to be on at all times...if your hit in the face wipe it with your shirt, hand anything but don't remove it.

Refs need to be rule enforcers when a game is played and when its not being played.

I played in Elizabethtown (E-Town) Kentucky...the refs yell at you more than once for a mask violation you go home.
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback

Last edited by STRIKEFIRST : 06-29-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Scenario Junkie

....Which leads us to another question. As an industry, are we providing enough REF's, with the proper training, and who take the position seriously at the fields? One of the most prominate complaints I tend to hear at Scenario's is "Not enough Ref's". Should a Reffing staff hold themselves accountable if someone gets hurt due to a rule violation while on their controlled field?

Questions...questions (and we SHOULD be asking questions).
Old 06-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo27909
....Which leads us to another question. As an industry, are we providing enough REF's, with the proper training, and who take the position seriously at the fields? One of the most prominate complaints I tend to hear at Scenario's is "Not enough Ref's". Should a Reffing staff hold themselves accountable if someone gets hurt due to a rule violation while on their controlled field?

Questions...questions (and we SHOULD be asking questions).

Around here, none of the feilds ive been at have a ref (aside from one outdoor one, but even still, the ref was playing, and "reffing") the most of a ref that has been at any of the fields ive been at, was one guy on the other side of a window (covered in paint, barely could see out) looking the opposite way 90% of the time.

Last edited by badlandsrox : 07-03-2007 at 12:18 PM.