Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
New Guy

Question Velocity Locking Screw

Ok so Im semi new to paintball. Ive been paintballing once, but me and my friends shoot of my paintball gun all the time. I just got an imagine about 2 days ago from a friend of a friend. While i was cleaning it and checking out the internals and stuff, i found that i was missing the locking screw on the velocity adjuster. Now my question is, first how does the locking screw work, because theres no place that the screw actually connects to on the gun itself, So how would it lock the adjuster in place. Second, Can I get a regular screw from say home depot, or do i have to buy a new one from kingman, or a paintball store. Any advice would help alot, because i dont want to go to a field, and them not let me play because im missing it.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Spelling Bee Champ!!!!

Default Re: Velocity Locking Screw

Is it a thumb adjuster?(shown below)(im pretty sure all imagine's came with this type of adjuster, but im not positive) I really didnt understand your post compleatly(but that my just be because im tired haha). If its the thumb adjuster and your talkin about the little screw that holds it in place, you should get a new one because you dont want your velocity to get messed up while playing and your gun doesn't shoot right or worse, someone get hurt, . Any screw that fits in the small hole, and keeps it from turning it will work. As for your feild hasseling you, every feild is differntand i cant speak on behalf of your field.

Happy Paintballin,
-Mike
armedfuture: mine
TheRedBarron006: hehe

Thanks Mike. <3 TRB
Old 05-15-2007, 03:21 PM
The Gumpster

yes they do mike, however u could do both......if you found the right kind of screw
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there. Your world is right for the next couple hours. This is your heaven on earth. Live it. Love it. Paintball for life."
Red Proto jersey, USED ONCE!
Old 05-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Player for Fun

You can get replacements at a hardware store. I replaced mine with one that has a knob on it so I can adjust it by hand. That being said, I find them pretty useless. The original one worked loose all the time. And I never found a field that cared if I had the screw or not. My guess is that tournaments might, though.
One thing I found did help was to put a small piece of rubber between the screw and the marker body, so that when you tighten the screw it doesn't shake loose so easily.