Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Regulator & grips

Hey guys, I was thinking about getting a Palmer's Stabilizer for my MR2. Which one would work best with it? (The gun has all stock air system components, so I imagine it runs at an operationg pressure of around 800 psi. I hear reg gauges only go up to 500-600 psi.) Do I need anything else to make it work?

Also, do the Dye sticky grips fit or do you have to re-drill? And are there other grips that fit without drilling?

Thanks.

-Zach
Old 05-14-2007, 07:19 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Default Re: Regulator & grips

Get the female stabilizer, mounting rings, quick disconnect and a 0-1200psi gauge if you're keeping it high pressure -

Should have waited for the MR Kingman grips that will be available next month -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
ParttimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
:O omg!!! rly!?!?!.....sweet...
Old 05-15-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
Get the female stabilizer, mounting rings, quick disconnect and a 0-1200psi gauge if you're keeping it high pressure -

Thanks for the reply, Dragon. A few more questions:

- Does it matter that I use CO2 in my setup, or will I have to buy an HPA tank immediately?

- Does the female stab already come with a gauge? Which would be easier, getting a stab without a gauge and tapping it myself, or replacing an existing gauge on the stab?

- Could you describe the mounting rings and quick disconnect in further detail? (i.e. what they look like, what they do...)

Also, the new Kingman MR accessories are coming out next month? I haven't bought Dye stickies yet, so if the grips are coming out next month I'll just wait. I'm just kinda ticked cause the stock grips don't cover my electronics too well (there's a good sized gap between the trigger frame and the grip, I imagine because of the wiring).

Again, thanks for the help.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:38 PM

How about Custom Products regulator? Would that be a plausible option instead of dropping the $100 on the Palmer's Stab?
Old 05-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachG86
How about Custom Products regulator? Would that be a plausible option instead of dropping the $100 on the Palmer's Stab?
I'm not sure if it can handle C02, but I know a TON of people use the CP Regs. I hear about CP regs all the time at PBnation.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_Faction64
I'm not sure if it can handle C02, but I know a TON of people use the CP Regs. I hear about CP regs all the time at PBnation.
Ahhh yeah. I'm actually pretty sure they don't handle CO2. That's why I wanted the Palmer's in the first place.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:11 PM
ParttimeKiller

Quote:

- Does it matter that I use CO2 in my setup, or will I have to buy an HPA tank immediately?

- Does the female stab already come with a gauge? Which would be easier, getting a stab without a gauge and tapping it myself, or replacing an existing gauge on the stab?

- Could you describe the mounting rings and quick disconnect in further detail? (i.e. what they look like, what they do...)

Also, the new Kingman MR accessories are coming out next month? I haven't bought Dye stickies yet, so if the grips are coming out next month I'll just wait. I'm just kinda ticked cause the stock grips don't cover my electronics too well (there's a good sized gap between the trigger frame and the grip, I imagine because of the wiring).

Again, thanks for the help.
hey i have a palmers stab, but its male, and it didnt have a gauge, dont really need one i believe, i dont have one.
- not entirely sure about the mounting rings so ill let someone else field that question
-from what dragon said yes new accessories r comin out for the MR2, amongst them well needed grips. i have the same problem with mine, the grips leave a slit of space for all kinds of random crap to get into the electronics, what ive done is put hockey tape and now i await the new kingman grips...they better come soon lol...

- i hope any of that helped if not....its an up so someone with the answers can help u lol
Old 05-16-2007, 01:02 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Quote:

- Does it matter that I use CO2 in my setup, or will I have to buy an HPA tank immediately? .....You can use either gas with the stabe. It's especially tolerent of C02 but use an anti-siphon in the tank anyways -
- Does the female stab already come with a gauge? Which would be easier, getting a stab without a gauge and tapping it myself, or replacing an existing gauge on the stab? .......No gauge. There is a threaded plug you can remove to mount a gauge though -

- Could you describe the mounting rings and quick disconnect in further detail? (i.e. what they look like, what they do...) .....Mounting rings mount the female reg to the bottom of the trigger frame. Q/D makes it easy to disconnect the SS line from the marker -
Also, the new Kingman MR accessories are coming out next month? I haven't bought Dye stickies yet, so if the grips are coming out next month I'll just wait. I'm just kinda ticked cause the stock grips don't cover my electronics too well (there's a good sized gap between the trigger frame and the grip, I imagine because of the wiring). ....Yes, next month. They are specifically for the MR's so I'm sure they'll fit perfectly -

Again, thanks for the help. ........Welks -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 05-17-2007, 08:46 AM
South Texas Woodsballer

There are another set of grips on the market right now for the MR series. WARFARE DESIGNS MR2/MR3 grips, I found them on ebay.

South Texas Woodsballer
Check out me and my gear