Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2007, 05:23 PM
New Guy

Default VS3 plus????

Newbie here... I hope this hasn't been answered to death already. I am considering the VS3 gun, but I'm looking for advice about accessories. According to the Kingman/Spyder site, the VS3 accepts both CO2 and Compressed Air(Nitrogen). I'm thinking of starting with CO2 given the savings in money and upgrading to C.A. at some point in the future. Is this wise?

Also, I'm also thinking of starting with a gravity-type hopper and upgrading to a force feed loader.

Basically, I'm trying to get the best gun I can afford at this point and then upgrade piece by piece. Does this make sense to those of you who have more experience in paintball?

Also, while I'm on the subject, I'm getting prices of about $240 for the gun - sometimes with a color package for free as well. Is this a good price and what hopper and tank should I look for?

-O
Old 05-03-2007, 06:59 PM
noobert in training

Default Re: VS3 plus????

answer to question number 1. No its not wise at all
answer to question number 2. Why would you get a vs3, when ur gonna use gravity hopper?

Ok let me tell you something, A vs2 with free body kit is what 170?so save that 70 bucks, get a used hopper, and a used nitro tank. WHen you wanna shoot faster, just buy upgrades.

When you say i wanna start slow, your c02 will mess up you internals like crazy, perhaps even break the guage becuase it spikes alot. So your gonna risk that? Take my advice and if your gonna use c02 and a gravity, then buy like a pilot.
Shocktech drop, with ndz ultralite on/off
Cp regulator (red)
trinity reg adapter
crossfire 68/45 tank
Virtue Board
Halo w/v35 board

Was it worth it.....? TOTALLY!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:48 PM
MR1

if you have the money for the marker but you are waiting on some money to buy HPA and a fast hopper you might as well just save up enough to buy all of it at the same time

compressed air will make sure your gun doesnt freeze itself to death and you wont be happy with the incredibly low bps a gravity hopper will get you so just wait till you can get it all

also, if youre a newb why buy such an expensive gun in the first place? maybe start with a lower end electric
Old 05-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Spyder Addict

Iwould alsosave money by buying the vs2 along with a used hpa tank and hopper on ebay from someone who has good feedback make sure you get the hydro date on the tank
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 PM
New Guy

OK, it sounds like I just need to pony up and get compressed air and a loader.

I have one further question about the VS3 - I have read up on many paintball forums about the VS3 and it seems to get compared to the Smartparts Ion a ton. Basically there seems to be a consensus about them being similar and that its personal preference. However, not having seen an Ion in person - do they look as "plastic" as they look in pictures? Also - there was a comment made in a few articles that the rocking trigger on the VS3 is illegal in competition and at many fields. Is this true in your experiences? I don't plan on going in competition but I don't want to be limited at fields...
I realize some people will say just get the VS2 but I personally dig the VS3, and I'm not too concerned about the $70 afterall.

-O
Old 05-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Resident *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
OK, it sounds like I just need to pony up and get compressed air and a loader.
The best upgrades you can get for any marker.

Quote:
I have one further question about the VS3 - I have read up on many paintball forums about the VS3 and it seems to get compared to the Smartparts Ion a ton. Basically there seems to be a consensus about them being similar and that its personal preference. However, not having seen an Ion in person - do they look as "plastic" as they look in pictures?
The belief that they are similar is bull ****. It's like comparing burgers to french fries. The Ion is a lower- to mid-end EP spool valve marker. The VS is merely another Spyder with a special valve and some cool milling, coming with a regulator stock from the factory. The only things that they are similar in is that they both use batteries (duh), both have an eye system, and both basically need to be run on compressed air. Similar performance does not make a similar marker, my friend.

Quote:
Also - there was a comment made in a few articles that the rocking trigger on the VS3 is illegal in competition and at many fields. Is this true in your experiences? I don't plan on going in competition but I don't want to be limited at fields...
The fields might not allow it; they differ in rules. Check out your local field's rule book to be certain, but with the NPPL rule book, it is a legal marker. One pull is one shot (one activation of the solenoid). Although the trigger walks, it returns to it's original position before activating the solenoid another time, making it a "separate" trigger pull.

Quote:
I realize some people will say just get the VS2 but I personally dig the VS3, and I'm not too concerned about the $70 afterall.

-O
I personally prefer to Ion over the VS2, and the VS2 over the VS3. With the money you save you could be buying upgrades. Especially since the only differences between the VS3 and the VS2 are the frame styles, and the lip that the VS3 body has that prevents some types of barrels from being used with it.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to