Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2007, 04:02 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Greetings and a brief question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagabondStarJXF
Your Spyder One won't fire as fast as an eMarker but it'll still be cool, or at least I think so.
Mine keeps up with my eframe from an imagine. Granted I have installed a reg, spring kit, and lp bolt. Most all spyders work from the same conscepts.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:43 PM
New Guy

Anything wrong with the old 21inch ugly sticks? More than one person suggested getting a different one.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:49 PM
addicted to stock

A barrel that long is just gas-inefficient, that's all. You really don't need more than a 12" or 14" barrel. But if you like it, use it. I think it looks sweet.

The only upgrade I'd suggest is a 200-round hopper. Maybe some new internals: a lighter bolt and striker, maybe a spring kit just to play around with. But I wouldn't change anything else.

Maybe some decent .45 grips. Something old school, like some authentic wood 1911A1 grip panels. Or maybe some pearl ones, if you're feeling particularly gay.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky1205
Mine keeps up with my eframe from an imagine. Granted I have installed a reg, spring kit, and lp bolt. Most all spyders work from the same conscepts.
So you fire slowly with an eFrame? I'm particularly fast with my stock mech frame but I still can't push much past the 4bps average constant fire rate with it. With a stock eFrame I generally go beyond 10bps without even trying, hitting 14-15bps average if I really push myself. It's a moot point really as people fire differently from one another but... d'you really fire that slowly with your eFrame? Or do you fire that much faster with your mech frame?

Quote:
Originally posted by cali141
"Vagabond, i think youre alexander the great. Only reborn. And evil."
Old 04-30-2007, 10:10 AM
New Guy

VagabondStarJXF, I do not want to jack this thread as we could go back and forth all day long. As friends of course I do not mean to come off as arragent or rude. I am confident I can shoot over 4 bps with my current setup and not have any breaks. If you would like to trade thoughts via pm that is fine with me.

My initial point about the etrigger on a grey body spyder was you can keep up with most newer spyders in a woods ball situation. Where laying down paint is not always needed to get the job done. In this situation I have not noticed a great difference between my spyder and my friends etrigger spyders. I should have specified this. On a speedball field it maybe different. I do not play speedball and can not comment to such. Sorry if I have mislead anyone.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:22 PM

Cool Re: Greetings and a brief question!

Xaviar - I don't think you'd absolutely need to have an eFrame. Mech Spyders are cool. It's one of the main reasons why the first Spyder I bought was a Spyder Rodeo. I now do 'projects' because I got fed up with changing my Rodeo's setup back and forth between mech and electro.

If you use different size paint all the time I recommend getting a decent barrel kit. Spyder threads haven't changed over the years so an Evil Pipe or Empire barrel kit would be handy for all those different size variations. If you're lucky enough to always use the same sized paint then just get one decent barrel like the Dye Ultralight or something. As it was pointed out before you won't need anything over the 12"-14" length. 8" is all that's needed to propell the ball (apparently) and everything else after that is just to help guide it. Too much and it'll slow down your shot. Some people I know use nothing but 16" barrels. It's a preference thing.

If you want to go the low pressure route to up your gas efficiency and reduce kick then get a cupped 'n polished striker (or mod a stock one), a high flow valve, a decent high flow bolt, a springs kit, a high flow VA and a decent reg. Otter did a complete write up on the process with some recommendations for parts. Check out his site for more info.

I can't think of anything else right now... And sorry if this next bit jacks your thread a little but I think this friendly discussion might help you decide about upgrading 'n stuff.

Spanky1205 - Hey Spanky. My point was just that eFrames allow people to fire really fast and you came across like you were saying that a mech frame shoots just as fast as an eFrame. I wasn't trying to be as sarcastic as it came across as. I really was curious about how fast you fired with a mech frame. Anything faster than 4bps with a mech frame is impressive. I've only managed it once in a while because I end up just switching to an eFrame if I want to fire fast.

I know what you mean about not needing to constantly shoot ropes in woodsball but I frequently use my eFrame'd Spyder in woodsball so that I have the capability to do so should I need it. There have been times where a sudden major skirmish has been decided with the extra paint that was flying. Single shot for single shot I'd agree with you though. All markers would be chrono'd to the same speed so every marker should keep up. The only plus point is that an eFrame can be set up to be almost 'hair trigger' like without much effort. That might be advantageous to some. Besides that it really should only take one shot to get your kill, particularly in woodsball. This being the case I'm actually in the process of building up a dedicated woodsball mech Spyder out of a Spyder Shutter. I would've loved to have had a Spyder One or similar to do it with. Xaviar's one looks really nice as it is.

I'll keep to PM's if we decide to discuss this further. I just though this bit of the discussion might help Xaviar out a little.

V*

Quote:
Originally posted by cali141
"Vagabond, i think youre alexander the great. Only reborn. And evil."