Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Another video

Ok, before we resort to PBnation style flaming, let me first point out that the video quality is NOT nearly as good as the last one I made. Also, the style of play was a bit slower (no psp ramping here!)

My wife filmed this from a crow's nest with a non digital camera, and she get's to where she doesn't watch the screen (she'd rather watch the games without the camera), nor does she zoom well. She also doesn't get the other side playing. In her defense, she told me I didn't tell her I'd be making a video of it, just thought I'd be using it as game footage to go over with the team.

As such, I edited the best I could with what little I had. It's still about 7.5 minute video. Hmmmmmmmmm, let's see, anything else I can cover before I show it?

Oh yeah, music! My daughters wanted me to use the first song because they really like it, although I think the second song goes better with the pace of the video. So be nice. I also turned the music WAY down for Claus, because I know he doesn't like it loud...but with the wind blowing and the distance from the shooting, you can't hear much.

I don't know why, but the sound didn't sync up good with the video. You'll see us breakout, then about 4 seconds later you'll hear a whistle. Also, you'll hear my friend's cocker going but he won't be shooting. Weird....but it's ok!

I'm the short guy with the blue and black sandana (homemade, thank you very much! ) and the American flag bandana (also homemade... ). I play the whole tournament on the far side AWAY from the camera. Usually, I bumped to the small yellow or red can, then to the funky little doubled up snake looking thing...

Enjoy! New Year's tournament 2006.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Another video

looks pretty windy..haha the bunkers are swaying all of the place. cool video though
Old 01-21-2006, 02:36 PM

Respected, period.

Nice Vike. Again congrats on the 2nd place finish, excellent considering that this was the first time that group was out together. Sucked that those bunkers were falling over in the middle of play. Video was good for an amateur videographer with amateur equipment.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Fluent in Stroll

that wind looks like it was horrendous

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Playing the North end was horrible. No one on that end won all day! I didn't put it in, but there was a time when I slid into the small can, bumped it, and it fell over! The ref came over and picked it up and held it while I stood behind there....he was saying, "This is gonna hurt! Man, this sucks! This is gonna hurt...." Over and over again. hehehehe!

Thanks guys! I know it's not that great, but people were asking to see it, so here it is...
Old 01-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
The ref came over and picked it up and held it while I stood behind there....he was saying, "This is gonna hurt! Man, this sucks! This is gonna hurt...." Over and over again. hehehehe!
i have a clear image of that n my head

vid was nice. i wanna play n that condition don' t know y...just do

Old 01-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Hahaha, I hope we NEVER have another tournament like that! I'd rather play in the rain than the wind. That was rather stinky....

Our next one is in April and will be indoors. It's also going to be filmed by the same guy that I stole the clips from on my previous mix, so I ought to be able to come up with something decent again!
Old 01-23-2006, 04:38 PM
You will respect my authoritaaah!! Cut your halo feedneck!!!

decent vid, but urgg this makes me wanna play a toruney. played rec ball on staurday cause it was 60 degrees out and then snow was all melted but guess what we got today, a foot of snow. so no playing for another few weeks.

arrrg i wanna play soo bad, you're lucky vike.