Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2007, 06:38 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: How Much C02 Left?

Again, they weigh them. We just drain the tank and then hang it on a scale (we use a fish scale, LOL! Hey, it works!) zero it out, and then fill them to whatever weight they're rated for.

Some people actually THINK they're running out of Co2 when there's another issue with their gun - the problem is that they don't know their guns well enough to know the difference. Then there's the group that was mentioned early that think that if they blame the Co2, they themselves won't look like such a bad player.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Then there's the group that was mentioned early that think that if they blame the Co2, they themselves won't look like such a bad player
Thats why I roll my eyes everytime I hear someone tell me to "just convert to HPA and everything will be better"

My Feedback:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8662

MR2 Upgrades:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8340
Old 03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Spyder Addict

I empty all of my tanks completely and then write down the dry weight on the brass valve with an engraver. I am beginning to do this to alot of our rental tanks. Generally speaking if you take a tank off you should be able to hold it horizontal to the ground and roll it back and forth feeling the liquid move. It should also chill a bit if you roll it back and forth. If you can't feel it moving in the tank it's empty!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Ummm

Yea... Sometimes if you know the sound of your gun good enough you can tell when its not gettling enough air. Also it will start getting slower and the paintballs will go slower and shorter distances
Old 03-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoulsx
Yea... Sometimes if you know the sound of your gun good enough you can tell when its not gettling enough air. Also it will start getting slower and the paintballs will go slower and shorter distances
not really, the pressure in a co2 tank is relatively constant until the last 20 shots or so... then it starts dropping rapidly.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:47 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Booth Man
Thats why I roll my eyes everytime I hear someone tell me to "just convert to HPA and everything will be better"

Technically... HPA will make almost everything better. Your shots will be more consistent. It is cleaner running, so your gun internals wont get eaten up by the cold, liquid CO2. You can also get more out of an HPA tank then a CO2 tank dependant on size and pressure, and you have a tank reg. Which usually has a gauge on it, telling your current pressure. That way you can always know if your low or not.

TO BOOTH:
Being a woodsballer, it might be a better investment for you to get HPA for the reasons I stated, and because (speaking from experience) in cooler weather, with moisture. CO2 has a really nasty tendency to freeze. I've been in a situation where I was in the final game of the day (luckily) and was shooting fast, doing a run through in the rain and cold and my gun literally froze up. The body was covered in ice, the bolt was frozen... bonded by the O-rings to the body, and I was unable to do anything with it. I couldn't dismantle the gun until I got home and ran some warm water over the body to de-ice it.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 04-01-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24
Technically... HPA will make almost everything better. Your shots will be more consistent. It is cleaner running, so your gun internals wont get eaten up by the cold, liquid CO2. You can also get more out of an HPA tank then a CO2 tank dependant on size and pressure, and you have a tank reg. Which usually has a gauge on it, telling your current pressure. That way you can always know if your low or not.

TO BOOTH:
Being a woodsballer, it might be a better investment for you to get HPA for the reasons I stated, and because (speaking from experience) in cooler weather, with moisture. CO2 has a really nasty tendency to freeze. I've been in a situation where I was in the final game of the day (luckily) and was shooting fast, doing a run through in the rain and cold and my gun literally froze up. The body was covered in ice, the bolt was frozen... bonded by the O-rings to the body, and I was unable to do anything with it. I couldn't dismantle the gun until I got home and ran some warm water over the body to de-ice it.
Agreed. I will eventually go to HPA, but not yet. I have a Palmer's Stabilizer on my marker that regulates the pressure down to 500 psi. I've shot it on full auto for about 30 seconds with little shoot down, and absolutely no ice shooting out the barrel

My Feedback:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8662

MR2 Upgrades:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8340
Old 04-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Spyder Addict

maybe its just my tank, but if i thump the tank, it will start to ring when its about a third full. when the tank starts ringing, i know to get a fill soon. 'course, now that i use hpa, i just check the guage lol