Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Battle Insert

http://www.pythonpaintball.com/index...products_id=20

I'm not sure how this works to they give you those little fitting only for the bore size and you can just put the J&J Barrel on it after ? Or those come with a barrel specific for that ?
Alamo City Bolt/w 2 O-rings
Bob Long Torpedo
Empire Reloader B
Remote Line
Special Ops Vest
T-Board
Old 03-19-2007, 09:11 AM
you wanna mess with me?

Default Re: Battle Insert

i have spoken with some people in person from python a while back. the kit comes with sizing sleeves like the freak kit and then the compression system piece. you just put the sleeve in the compression system and then screw that onto any barrel you want. hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:09 AM

So I could still use my J&J Barrel and using these fittings so that would give me a chocie of bore size with my J&J Barrel ?
Bob Long Torpedo
Empire Reloader B
Remote Line
Special Ops Vest
T-Board
Old 03-19-2007, 01:50 PM
MR2 X-style

Battle insert looks like a good product, but I'd be weary about using it with your J&J, afterall your J&j still fits through the shroud correctly. Now you probably would be able to use your J&J with half of the inserts the other half maybe a larger bore in comparison to your J&J barrel and would cause balls to break in the barrel when they collide with the smaller ID of the J&J barrel.

Just would have to pay attention to what backs(inserts) you use with which-ever barrel you choose as a front and always ensure your front is equal too or greater in ID(inner-diameter) than the back.

Does this product come with any fronts?

I personally am going with the J&J edge kit(5 backs, 3 fronts) all the way, have to take the front barrel shroud off of my MR2, but it doesn't look bad with out it at all. You could also trim the front grip back flush with the marker if you were planning on keeping the marker or create a new barrel shroud with a larger diameter hole to accomodate a larger range of barrels. I've noticed PVC pipe fits perfectly around the J&J edge kit backs. Just a thought if you wanted to get creative or cheap and use your existing spyder threaded barrels. I'm waiting on some delrin block to come in the mail, once it gets here I'll be making a custom grip/shroud to fit in place of the old shroud and will fit the edge kit and a wider range of barrels.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperX
Battle insert looks like a good product, but I'd be weary about using it with your J&J, afterall your J&j still fits through the shroud correctly. Now you probably would be able to use your J&J with half of the inserts the other half maybe a larger bore in comparison to your J&J barrel and would cause balls to break in the barrel when they collide with the smaller ID of the J&J barrel.

Just would have to pay attention to what backs(inserts) you use with which-ever barrel you choose as a front and always ensure your front is equal too or greater in ID(inner-diameter) than the back.

Does this product come with any fronts?

I personally am going with the J&J edge kit(5 backs, 3 fronts) all the way, have to take the front barrel shroud off of my MR2, but it doesn't look bad with out it at all. You could also trim the front grip back flush with the marker if you were planning on keeping the marker or create a new barrel shroud with a larger diameter hole to accomodate a larger range of barrels. I've noticed PVC pipe fits perfectly around the J&J edge kit backs. Just a thought if you wanted to get creative or cheap and use your existing spyder threaded barrels. I'm waiting on some delrin block to come in the mail, once it gets here I'll be making a custom grip/shroud to fit in place of the old shroud and will fit the edge kit and a wider range of barrels.
Well any news about that project of yours PM me I'll be sure to buy it from you fi you are willing to make more. Cuz I like my J&J but it's one sized and in competition balls bore size varies. So haaving one bore size if the balls doesn't fit with my barrel I'm scre.
Bob Long Torpedo
Empire Reloader B
Remote Line
Special Ops Vest
T-Board
Old 03-19-2007, 03:07 PM
MR2 X-style

Once I get the final product made out of the delrin and post pics of my marker all setup, I'll entertain a few more if it's feasible. Though I could use my delrin once it's milled to help create a master mold using vacuum forming and create new ones using a plastic which would probably be lighter. Not making any promises though. But what I am making out of the delrin I plan on making it match the marker so no alterations, milling/drilling would need to be done to your marker(easily reversible for re-sale) It will mount using the exact way your current shroud would fit and would follow the same weaver rail pattern so it would look like one long piece and fit the mold of the marker. Going for a g-36 look so may be something similar. There's another thread in the post a pic of your marker section of a similar shroud made of metal, but I'm going to make something a bit different, not quite as large either. Going to make it so I can mount bottom and side rails for lasers/grips, etc. It will be able to accept the J&J edge kit/stock barrel and hopefully apex barrel, but the apex barrel is pretty short so I'm still debating. I may just put my Apex tip on my old 14" j&j for a bit of extra length.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperX
Once I get the final product made out of the delrin and post pics of my marker all setup, I'll entertain a few more if it's feasible. Though I could use my delrin once it's milled to help create a master mold using vacuum forming and create new ones using a plastic which would probably be lighter. Not making any promises though. But what I am making out of the delrin I plan on making it match the marker so no alterations, milling/drilling would need to be done to your marker(easily reversible for re-sale) It will mount using the exact way your current shroud would fit and would follow the same weaver rail pattern so it would look like one long piece and fit the mold of the marker. Going for a g-36 look so may be something similar. There's another thread in the post a pic of your marker section of a similar shroud made of metal, but I'm going to make something a bit different, not quite as large either. Going to make it so I can mount bottom and side rails for lasers/grips, etc. It will be able to accept the J&J edge kit/stock barrel and hopefully apex barrel, but the apex barrel is pretty short so I'm still debating. I may just put my Apex tip on my old 14" j&j for a bit of extra length.
Thats awesome cuz my friend bought the J&J Edge barrle kit and it wouldn't fit but I'm not sure if he took off the shroud block before trying it. But you,re idea is really awesome wish i could do it myself but i'm very terrible with hand work like those and know no one good enough to do it for me.
Bob Long Torpedo
Empire Reloader B
Remote Line
Special Ops Vest
T-Board