Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2007, 02:27 PM
1 Day NCAA

Default cocking pin help

hey guys,

I got a question. Last Saturday I was playing paintball with my friends and my cocking pin fell out, and I ended up losing it. I bought another one and today I went out to play, and that one fell out as well. Luckily, I found it this time. Does anyone know why it might keep falling out? I mean, could I have stripped the hole that it locks into or what? If that's the case what should I do? Thanks...
Old 03-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Spyder Vet

Default Re: cocking pin help

There should be a sticky for this; god knows I've replied to a ton of these...

There is a spring loaded ball bearing that pushes against the groove in the cocking pin. It is located in the end of the ACS bolt. A small screw holds it in place and also adjusts the amount of tension on the spring/ball. The screw has loc-tite on the threads so you may have to heat it some to get it to move. Be careful, use low on a heat gun, or disassemble down to the metal parts. By turning the screw in you will tighten the hold that the ball has on the cocking knob. Too tight and it is a bugger to remove, too loose and you lose the pin. Also inspect the cocking knob, my first one bent and eventually broke inside the bolt.
This brings us to phase 2 in the "cocking knob issue". The groove in the top of the gun's body that the cocking knob protrudes through is not long enough to accomodate the travel of the bolt. Myself and many others have filed both ends of the groove about an 1/8" longer. Be careful not to create a burr inside the body where the bolt travels. Good luck.
These colors will never run.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:46 PM
1 Day NCAA

Thanks I'll check that out
Old 03-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Finally!!!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my pilot, but I sure will be glad when kingman comes out with the next generation of pilot (or whatever is next) and hopefully they'll change the design so the cocking pin issue gets resolved. They fixed the backplate problem, maybe a cocking pin fix is on the horizon.
Family Photo
My Feedback