Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2007, 04:33 PM
New Guy

Default Promaster?

Hi guys after a haitus which spanded more than a year, I decided to get back on the boards. It is funny how you guys predicted the whole thing. When I said I was getting married alot of you guys thought nice to know and called dibs on my equipment. I still play just haven't been on the boards too often. My wife and I decided we could live without internet at home and my work computer filters out this board. So, I haven't been around as much as I would have liked, but since I can get on at the local CC where I am taking Auto CAD classes thought I might drop in.

Enough about me though. I sold my Imagine to a friend and I am probably going to get a Lasoya Promaster. I have a couple of questions though.
How good is the Reg on it? I have a Male Palmers Stabilizer and was wondering if it was better than the reg on the Promaster, also would it fit?

My other question is, I read in Paintball2Xtremes magazine that you should not use a high pressure tank on a low pressure marker due to possible damage. I have a high pressure Nitro Duck and would probably pass on the Promaster if my HPA will not work with it. What do you guys think any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:

Two more questions.

How comfortable is the trigger on it, looks a little funny?

I beleive it takes Cocker threads, is that correct?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Has Been

Default Re: Promaster?

the reg is fine, but id go with the palmers if you like that...

the HPA tank if fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Spyder Addict

if the palmers is broken in use it man
Old 02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Spyder Addict

I got +/- 2.4 with my ICD reg.......grase it really well and make sure there's no debris and you should be good 2 go! I like Palmers regs because you don't have to do anything but run oil through the system!
Old 02-18-2007, 01:14 AM

The Lasoya stock reg is a modified vigilante, so its pretty good, but the stabilizer would hands down beat it.

The promaster manuals say to use an LP tank but it doesn't matter (experience), go with HP if ya got it.

It is cocker threaded.

Def buy the Lasoya promaster, since they are clearing them out they are frickin cheap and a great gun - if you want as much info about them as possible Id recommend you visit the Promaster forum on PBNation.

PBReview
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385889

PBNation
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=28097626

THIS LIFE IS ONLY AN INSTANT, GIVE IT TO CHRIST TO ENJOY ETERNITY
Old 02-18-2007, 03:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXSILVA
1.Enough about me though. I sold my Imagine to a friend and I am probably going to get a Lasoya Promaster. I have a couple of questions though.
How good is the Reg on it? I have a Male Palmers Stabilizer and was wondering if it was better than the reg on the Promaster, also would it fit?

2.My other question is, I read in Paintball2Xtremes magazine that you should not use a high pressure tank on a low pressure marker due to possible damage. I have a high pressure Nitro Duck and would probably pass on the Promaster if my HPA will not work with it. What do you guys think any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:

Two more questions.

3.How comfortable is the trigger on it, looks a little funny?

4.I beleive it takes Cocker threads, is that correct?
1. It will fit and if its broken in, use it.
2.Yes. It'll be fine. Only markers that should be used with low pressure are angels. You can use your high pressure on the promaster.
3. It looks like an old trigger that was on 1 of my classic timmys. The timmy trigger was comfy to hold/walk. Its all preference though.
4.Yes Its cocker threaded. Most markers are now a days.

Hope that helped.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:33 PM
New Guy

Thank you guys for your responses, I'm glad to know there are still people on here for help.