Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2007, 02:45 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Whats The Better Hopper?

Even though the Pulse is more expensive and the Halo B V35 can feed 35 bps, both are essentially inadequate compared to the Empire Reloader B. It is a modified mechanical system of the Halo B, using the same drive, same agitator, except it operates through sound, and not eyes.

The Halo B is temperamental in this regard. ESPECIALLY for the MR2, whose high operating pressure makes it prone to such inadequacies as chamber breaks. With mine, the paint has a tendency to shoot up the feedneck, and God knows what that does to eyes. Not to mention, you can't even try to use paint with dark-colored shells; it will absorb the infrared radiation, causing the mechanism to believe there is no ball in the feedneck, and activating itself. And then it gets worse. With the V35 board, you can chop thirty to sixty paintballs before you have the opportunity to turn it off or engage the rip drive.

Although I admit I don't know much about the Pulse system, I heard some people complaining that the sound-activated mechanism actually lags behind due to an inefficient board. For instance, a player may ramp, engaging full auto, hearing the motor start and stop whirring after every shot. However, after about every tenth shot, the lag catches up to the operating speed of the board (which will be much much quicker with a T-board, BTW), and the motor allows the gun to dry-fire. This may not be much of a downside, but for the third-costliest feed system on the planet (behind the Q & warpfeed systems), I suggest you find an alternative.

Get the Reloader B - sound activated, board proven to 22+ BPS and upgradable in accord with the Odyssey aftermarket upgrades.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:04 PM

All of what he said, but lucifer with Halo B you should be fine if the ball goes up in the feedneck you might want o-ringed bolt, that fixed my prob if it still do it then a regulator will 110% sure to cure it.
Alamo City Bolt/w 2 O-rings
Bob Long Torpedo
Empire Reloader B
Remote Line
Special Ops Vest
T-Board
Old 02-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Where will you be when the metal meets the flesh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam
Even though the Pulse is more expensive and the Halo B V35 can feed 35 bps, both are essentially inadequate compared to the Empire Reloader B. It is a modified mechanical system of the Halo B, using the same drive, same agitator, except it operates through sound, and not eyes.

The Halo B is temperamental in this regard. ESPECIALLY for the MR2, whose high operating pressure makes it prone to such inadequacies as chamber breaks. With mine, the paint has a tendency to shoot up the feedneck, and God knows what that does to eyes. Not to mention, you can't even try to use paint with dark-colored shells; it will absorb the infrared radiation, causing the mechanism to believe there is no ball in the feedneck, and activating itself. And then it gets worse. With the V35 board, you can chop thirty to sixty paintballs before you have the opportunity to turn it off or engage the rip drive.

Although I admit I don't know much about the Pulse system, I heard some people complaining that the sound-activated mechanism actually lags behind due to an inefficient board. For instance, a player may ramp, engaging full auto, hearing the motor start and stop whirring after every shot. However, after about every tenth shot, the lag catches up to the operating speed of the board (which will be much much quicker with a T-board, BTW), and the motor allows the gun to dry-fire. This may not be much of a downside, but for the third-costliest feed system on the planet (behind the Q & warpfeed systems), I suggest you find an alternative.

Get the Reloader B - sound activated, board proven to 22+ BPS and upgradable in accord with the Odyssey aftermarket upgrades.

I have a Halo B and I have never had any of the problems you described. As a matter of fact I have not heard of any of this from our field or Pro shop. Where did you come by this?

Spyder MR2
J&J 14" Ceramic Barrel or Apex Barrel
Halo B w/ Rip Drive & Victory Board
Reflex Optic Sensor Sight
Dye Sticky 3 Grips
Trinity 6 Chamber Expansion Module
Low Blow Bolt
Old 02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
MR2 X-style

It's not infrared "radiation...lol. They are just LED's that use a different spetrum of light not visible to the human eye. Same technology at the tip of your remote control.

And exactly how do your balls blow back up your feedneck when using a halo (forcefed) B?

I have to say, the halo b with the v35 cured all my chopping problems. With the v35 I'm able to choose a good feed rate(setting #3) that matches the full auto on the marker.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:51 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerisnuts
The hopper is fast enough the acs bolt stopped a chop, thats all. i dont know i really posted here but this thread cought my eye...
boomer
so how do I keep it from doing that as much, cause i can't get more than five rounds out on full auto.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:26 AM
New Guy

i just got the kingman 18v lcd fasta hopper and let me tell you its crazy fast just the same as a halo b and its a lot cheaper only 97 shipped on ebay and not much more on online stores well its just my 2 cents
Old 02-09-2007, 09:21 AM
MR2 X-style

Thorgar:

Have you used the FASTA with the MR2 yet? Does it perform well under full auto with out any chops?

I think there was some issue with that hopper in another thread and the issue of blowback with the MR2.

Are you using a stock MR2 setup or do you have an upgraded bolt?

I know you just said you got it but please let us know what you think of it after using it with the MR2.

I'm interested in the FASTA because of it's ball capacity, but I still have a halo b that works great so far, just don't like its profile and I'm discouaged from the q-loader because of it's limited capacity.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:50 PM

i was wondering if a evlution 3 is better than a halo/reloader b and if itll help me chop less? has anyone had expirence ith this.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:47 PM

and is the eggy 3 a force fed hopper?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Knuckle Shot

I use the egg3 with my MR2 and have had no problems on any fire mode. Yesterday I fed another hopper through auto with no breaks, at 10 to 15 round bursts.

Yes, its force fed.