Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:00 PM
New Guy

Default Re: hi ...i`m a complete noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
Welcome Old Timer (yer 8 years older than me ) Glad you had a blast but I'm going to be the ***ering one of the group...don't take it personally, I do this to all the newbies.....
I don't care what the reason....
NEVER REMOVE YOUR MASK IN PLAY!

there's an article (a long one) that will reinforce what I mean...I really think you should read it...all of it.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2292

Picture holding a raw egg in your index finger and thumb and squeeze. That's your unprotected eye when struck with a paintball.

When you guys are out playing, you should create a "dead-box" and "safe areas". This means barrel bags on/plugs in (bags are better than plugs); muzzles pointed at ground; marker's powered off/safeties are on. NEVER look down your barrel to see what's blocking it, mask on or not.

I know that you are not a child and I don't mean to talk to you like one, but I've been playing 16 years and have seen the most freaky accidents happen.

And Murphy's Law always asserts itself when it can. Treat paintball markers with the same respect you treat a firearm with.
we have a "dead box" DRUID.... thanks for pointing that out though
Old 04-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

also get a chrono (if you don't have one). Even the red shooting chrony used for firearms will do. Here's the one I use...the "F1" model...they can be found on EBay for like $40ish (that's where I got mine)

shooting chrony

On CO2, I'd suggest a chrono speed of around 270-275 fps cause CO2 spikes velcity
On HPA, I'd suggest a chrono speed of 275-280 fps.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned

yea keep ur mask on my bro's friend's cousin got shot in the eye --- and now hes got a glass eye
Old 07-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Kyle

Cool Woo!

Alright well I'm pretty new too it myself been in it about six months with the spyder sonix. Great gun stock I can go toe to toe with any tippman and win easily (By skill as well) but what I'm trying to say is it holds up just as well as I do... BUT I must upgrade and I thought I'd ask you all in here for a good site for barrells and triggers and such because we don't have any kind of stores for that stuff around here .. We have one but they're liars.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Mr. Clean

If you are looking for information on any upgrades or paintball related equipment, try here http://www.pbreview.com/

They will have links to sellers as well. Otherwise, Action Village seems to be a pretty popular one. I just purchased my VS2 from [url]http://www.xtremez.com/paintball[url] and they were great! Ended up with free shipping on my order (over $100) and they had freebies that they were giving with internet orders.

To the question at hand, I have a 14" Smart Parts Progressive barrel ($30) and have really liked it.
  • 14" Powerlyte Scepter Kit
  • Pure Energy 48/3000

Sonix Pro - Black/Silver
  • Halo B
  • Trinity T-lock Feedneck
  • 14" Progressive
  • Psycho Ballistics drop
  • Pure Energy 48/3000

Feedback
Closed Thread