Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 05:39 PM
New Guy

Default Paintball Questions

Hello, i am new to paintball and i have a some small questions. I realize that there many other threads like this one. But the ones i am going to ask may/may not be on the forum.

1) Seeing how i just started playing paintball my gun all stock. I saw this cool looking barrel called the Empire Twister Spyder Barrel - 14 Inch. I am wondering if this would be a good investment for my Spyder Sonix Pro.

2) What are the main things that need to be most upgraded on the Sonix Pro?

3) I heard that there is a thing called compresed air. Is this something that i should right away or wait?

4) I am looking for a good Thermal full protection mask. The one that looks most appealing to me is the JT Flex 8 Full Coverage Thermal Paintball Goggles-Camo. Are these a good brand to buy?

Thanks for helping me out.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Bling Bling Bling

Default Re: Paintball Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurcc
Hello, i am new to paintball and i have a some small questions. I realize that there many other threads like this one. But the ones i am going to ask may/may not be on the forum.

Welcome to the boards and to paintball

1) Seeing how i just started playing paintball my gun all stock. I saw this cool looking barrel called the Empire Twister Spyder Barrel - 14 Inch. I am wondering if this would be a good investment for my Spyder Sonix Pro.

A barrel is a great investment, and you picked the right length. 14" is a good choice. As for the Empire Twister, I don't have experience with it so I can not give you my opinion

2) What are the main things that need to be most upgraded on the Sonix Pro?

I would say right off the bat, Barrel and Feedneck. The stock barrel is not great and the plastic feedneck adapter can break

3) I heard that there is a thing called compresed air. Is this something that i should right away or wait?

HPA or Compressed Air, is a great upgrade. You do not need it right away, but it will improve the consistency of your marker. C02 is ok, but it can cause havoc with the internals of your marker if you shoot faster. When you shoot too fast the liquid C02 does not have time to expand into a gas and you are shooting very cold liquid through the gun. If you plan on playing in cold weather (which I think is fun) you should switch to HPA. It does not have issues with weather fluctuations

4) I am looking for a good Thermal full protection mask. The one that looks most appealing to me is the JT Flex 8 Full Coverage Thermal Paintball Goggles-Camo. Are these a good brand to buy?

The JT Flex line is a good choice. My personal preference is not to get a full head mask. Those I have played with did not like it, too hot. Where a hat or Bennie under your goggle to take the impact of a ball on your head. It does not hurt too bad

Thanks for helping me out.
Welcome again and please ask questions if you need. Also remember the SEARCH button so you don't get hounded.

Also during your free time (RIGHT AWAY) go to the KUSA Paintball Bible Read it all, you will learn a ton of info.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Mr. Clean

Upgrade the barrel first, then feedneck. If you are interested in finding out what other's have thought about a particular upgrade, take a look http://www.pbreview.com/

HPA can come later. Not a bad investment though. It will be something that you will always need no matter what gun you are shooting.

JT is a great brand and about the only one that I am aware of with full head protection.
  • 14" Powerlyte Scepter Kit
  • Pure Energy 48/3000

Sonix Pro - Black/Silver
  • Halo B
  • Trinity T-lock Feedneck
  • 14" Progressive
  • Psycho Ballistics drop
  • Pure Energy 48/3000

Feedback
Old 01-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Bling Bling Bling

thanks for the input, but the thread died in July of last year...

Welcome to the boards, but be wary of the last posted date in a thread.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Closed Thread