Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2006, 06:51 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Default Re: Renegade fields..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoOwner78
.......... We've even had rangers show up and everything is cool..........
Hate to get off topic in my own thread but rangers started the game of paintball back in the 80's. They marked trees for cutting with a Nelspot marker(where the name 'marker' came from) that shot oil based capsules. I suppose one day one shot at the other and paintball was birthed. Thank them next time you see them at your local renegade National Forest field lol -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 01-15-2006, 07:54 PM

We have several commercial fields around Houston, so there is never a shortage of places to go play. But we do have two outlaw fields we play at also. This started becoming necessary due to the complete lack of quality reffing and to some lack of safety standards.

One field is a public access easement for utilities. It is large wooded area that is also used for offroad motorcycles, ATV's, etc... Very nice woods and we play on a large field that is a natural bowel shaped depression. This works well for determining field limits and provides a safety burm between the field and teh staging area.

The other field is a privately owned paintball scenario field "Devil Dog Paintball". It is a larger field and has bunkers, military and civilian vehicles, and two story towers/fighting positions (more sturdy than any other field I have seen). Complete with porta-potties, picnic tables, firepit, full sized chrono, camping, CO2 fills, etc...

Both places are well above the fields level of safety and no 'tudes
Old 01-15-2006, 08:11 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Don't live anywhere near it but I'm pretty sure there is a private airball field in Pensacola, FL as some of the SCP'ers get to play there.

Yeah I used to organize renegade game's on my parent's 200 acres but got tired of watching everybody to make sure it goes smoothly with attitudes and safety. I'd like to get a game day in sometime soon as I haven't played woodsball maybe once in a year or so!

Got another awesome renegade field down the road but the owner of the land doesn't play often anymore so I haven't played there in awhile.

JB.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:22 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

There's this old guy on the field I normally use has one of those tudes. He's got one of those New Yaaaak accents and a real smart***. Otherwise the field is great. It just peaved me a bit about the $10 hike with no warning at all. If it was $5 don't think I'd have as much of a tude. I know what you mean about the poorly run fields too. Then when they go outta business they are like, " The industry is in a real slump." Somewhat a state of denail. I have hit a few of those around here and one just recently went out of business. A shame, real great field, bad management. People want to be treated like someone that's supporting their livelyhood, not under the wing of some control freak that looks down at you because they own a field. This field I attended today, people seemed to be down to earth -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 01-16-2006, 06:15 PM

All the fields around Houston pretty much did that same price hike and all at the same time too. Average before used to be $10 field; $5 air; $5 BYOP, and then went to $15+ field; $10 air; $10 BYOP. Then of course an increase across the board of paint too. Throw the price hikes together with the decreasing service level and it is no wonder why more and more are choosing outlaw.