Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2006, 01:40 PM

Default how can nitrogen help your proformance

how will nitrogen help your proformance better than c02
Old 12-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: how caan itrogen help your proformance

Co2 fluctuates with the temperature - the faster you shoot it, the colder it gets. The colder it gets, the higher the pressure in your bottle, the more liquid could be sucked into your gun and your shots become inconsistant and could be hot, or even drop in fps if the pressure in your bottle is low, not to mention that the liquid Co2 is bad for your guns internals. However, a regulator and anti-syphoning your tank will help this problem. You'll also get inconsistant pressure depending on the ambient temperature...

HPA gives no or very little inconsistancies. Since it's already regulated at the tank, the amount of air released into the gun will be consistant and ambient air temperature is not a factor.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Spyder Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Co2 fluctuates with the temperature - the faster you shoot it, the colder it gets. The colder it gets, the higher the pressure in your bottle, the more liquid could be sucked into your gun and your shots become inconsistant and could be hot, or even drop in fps if the pressure in your bottle is low, not to mention that the liquid Co2 is bad for your guns internals. However, a regulator and anti-syphoning your tank will help this problem. You'll also get inconsistant pressure depending on the ambient temperature...

HPA gives no or very little inconsistancies. Since it's already regulated at the tank, the amount of air released into the gun will be consistant and ambient air temperature is not a factor.
I couldn't have said it better myself!
These colors will never run.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: how can nitrogen help your proformance

ummm... so u dont need any thing else when u get a nitrogen tank all u have to do is screw it in?
Old 12-22-2006, 03:45 PM
New Guy

Yes
Old 12-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_pilot06
ummm... so u dont need any thing else when u get a nitrogen tank all u have to do is screw it in?
Just get the tank, screw it in and add paint. You'll be good to go.[Just like Taco Bell]
Old 12-26-2006, 04:40 PM
viper one

you can just screw in the HPA tank and itl work fine. they come with regulators on them. At least on my pilot you couldnt shoot fast at all with the C02, it would freeze up the gun, expand the o-rings, and the bolt wouldn't move. I borrowed my buddies hpa tank and fired off a whole hopper without any problems whatsoever. however for better air efficiency you might want to install a regulator on the gun itself. that way you can tune how much air you use per shot and make the tank last longer especially when you start adding high flowing bolts and valves and stuff.

also another thing to consider, the difference between nitrogen and compressed air. an HPA tank will accept either gas. However compressed air still contains Oxygen and some hydrogen in it, it's not pure oxygen. put those together and you get water in miniscule amounts, and water over time can harm steel and even aluminum parts. Nitrogen is not much more expensive, but some fields dont have nitrogen tanks which is the only drawback to it. Nitrogen is much cleaner and won't effect the metal parts at all. I haven't seen a paintball gun yet that didn't have at least some metal parts.

Either way though compressed air is still better for your gun in every way than C02. When you can get nitrogen, use that instead. It's the best gas overall as far as not harming the internal parts of your gun. Performance wise though i don't think the nitrogen will give a significant advantage over compressed air. I just like anything that will prolong the life of my marker.

in process of customizing body to repair damage done by NDZ EQ bolt not fitting right.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Halucin8ns

[quote=vikingshadow]Co2 fluctuates with the temperature - the faster you shoot it, the colder it gets. The colder it gets, the higher the pressure in your bottle, the more liquid could be sucked into your gun and your shots become inconsistant and could be hot, or even drop in fps if the pressure in your bottle is low, not to mention that the liquid Co2 is bad for your guns internals. However, a regulator and anti-syphoning your tank will help this problem. You'll also get inconsistant pressure depending on the ambient temperature...[quote]

the colder it gets the lower pressure in the tank and therefore your fps drops off. Correct?
Dragunfire-TES Hpr,Polished
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
E99
Xraider
Black LCD Fasta
Feedback
Old 12-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I think so, but it's been awhile since I messed with Co2. I'd have to look it up, but pretty sure that is correct (although it sounds wrong to me for some reason.)
Old 12-28-2006, 05:13 PM

k thanks