Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2007, 01:21 PM
MR1 Owner

Default BT AK47 Apex Barrel Idea

Hey,

I'm new to the forum and have currently been reading all the past threads regarding the MR1 waiting for my account to be activated or whatever. After reading and reading I want to share my plan with the community that I have and hopefully receive a little feedback.

My plan is to cut the piece below the barrel (sorry I don't know the technical term) so that the AK47 parts can sit flush against the frame. I've check this piece out and to me it wouldn't interfere with anything if you cut the part off that sticks out (I may be wrong?). The reason why I am asking for a little feedback is due to the fact that I am only assuming that you can move the AK47 part around where you want on the barrel, and that if I get the Spyder version of this barrel will the threads fit?

I think this little mock up I made looks pretty cool:
Old 01-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Woodsball Military Simulation

Default Re: BT AK47 Apex Barrel Idea

Well the spyder barrel threads would work but I'm not quite sure if cutting that thing off is such a good idea, seeing as the barrel is quite expensive and you dont want a broken gun out of it after paying that much. But if there is a way to fit it I was also looking onto a milsim barrel:

http://www.octanegear.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=3360

I also made a mockup:
Old 01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
MR1 Owner

Sorry, my explanation was lacking a bit there. The part I'm talking about is part of the MR1, specifically the reservoir plug. If you look at this piece you can see that (from inside to out) there is the spring attached, then the two o-rings, then the threads for where the bolt goes, and then the part that shows outside of the gun. When I look at that it makes me think that I can cut it off just after where the bolt goes, and therefore eliminating the part of the plug that sticks outside the gun without breaking any sort of seal. Then the AK47 (or M16) part of the barrel can be moved so that it sits right up tight against the gun, removing the gap. Does that make more sense?
Old 01-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solipsism
Sorry, my explanation was lacking a bit there. The part I'm talking about is part of the MR1, specifically the reservoir plug. If you look at this piece you can see that (from inside to out) there is the spring attached, then the two o-rings, then the threads for where the bolt goes, and then the part that shows outside of the gun. When I look at that it makes me think that I can cut it off just after where the bolt goes, and therefore eliminating the part of the plug that sticks outside the gun without breaking any sort of seal. Then the AK47 (or M16) part of the barrel can be moved so that it sits right up tight against the gun, removing the gap. Does that make more sense?
Yes I know what you were talking about it just isn't cut off in my mockup. Well if you do cut it off tell me how it works out because I'd really like a M 16 barrel.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:57 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much you can cut as I've never taken one of the plugs off myself. Might be easier to mod the barrel shroud itself.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 01-09-2007, 07:12 PM
MR1 Owner

Its easy enough to take out... so here's a picture, sorry its a little blurry. I also marked where you could easily cut it without worrying about the threads. The flash probably made the threads look like the white hole on there.

Basically my only question is if its safe to do that... because only those o-rings matter since they make the seal, correct?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:02 PM

Yes your probably right, but would there still enough of the thing left after cutting to take it out if needed? That could be a problem. Also I was thinking that maby with the M16 barrel you could just drill a space for it to fit over the plug. Maby that would work?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:01 AM
MR1 Owner

I was also thinking about how hard it would be to get out... but every time I've taken it out the spring puts enough pressure on it to push it out a bit. I've taken my whole marker apart completely almost every piece, and I think if you needed to get it out (I've never had to to fix any problem) you could still get it out from the opposite side.

I want to do it that way just because the AK47 apex barrel costs more than the whole gun!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:51 PM

I think I found the solution to my M16 barrel problem:
http://rap4.com/paintball/os/spyder-...el-p-2683.html
Old 01-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Military Simulation

i bought the M-16 barrel. i just slid all the parts forward to clear that thing.