Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Players' Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2006, 10:46 AM
makin my way to the top of the food chain.

Default dives and getting places

so what are some of your tricks to diving into snakes and getting in bunkers fast and low? somtimes when im running to the snake i swing a little wide to put the bunkers in between me and anyone laning, then i dive down a little before i get to the snake and crawl in fast. just post up any little trick you use to go places. and dont dive to look cool only when it calls for it, its gay when ppl dive just because and it can often get you shot.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:55 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Default Re: dives and getting places

I usually do a baseball slide or drop to my knee's most the time. Superman dive's are a last resort as I don't care to do them in recball. A lot of time's depending on the field going center I'll drop down and crawl for the most part as they have lost site of me.

Sometime's going left or right depending on the field I'll slide into a bunker, drop down and start crawling to the next to let them think I slid and stayed in the bunker behind me.

JB.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:02 AM
makin my way to the top of the food chain.

i like superman dives because i worked on them alot and it slike second nature and i can do it without any pain now. sometimes i like to basball slide in and plant my cleats in the ground and it sorta pops you upright into your bunker and your ready to shoot.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:14 AM

If I superman dive it usually mean's I'm already extremely low to the ground or I'm going into a really small snake with no end bunker's on it. Any other time I avoid it as it take's me longer to get back on track unless I plan on crawling.

JB.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:17 AM
I Like Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by QAZ123
If I superman dive it usually mean's I'm already extremely low to the ground or I'm going into a really small snake with no end bunker's on it. Any other time I avoid it as it take's me longer to get back on track unless I plan on crawling.

JB.
*cough* hes old *cough*
i dont really have any secrets. all depends on what bunker im goin inot and where everyone is.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Ramrod
*cough* hes old *cough*
i dont really have any secrets. all depends on what bunker im goin inot and where everyone is.

I'm 26 I'd just like to be able to walk and not hobble when I do get older!

JB.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:27 AM
I Like Me

lol, you know im just playin wit cha.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Ramrod
lol, you know im just playin wit cha.
I know!

JB.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:19 PM
You will respect my authoritaaah!! Cut your halo feedneck!!!

well, usually like off a break if i go snake i'll go kinda in a curve to it and behind a line of bunkers so i have a place to stop if i have to. (it makes sense in MY mind) I always superman into the snake off the break cause it gets me lower. If i'm bumping to the snake and it has an end bunker i'll slide on my knees into it. Then crawl when i decide to move up. If i'm not goin snkae of the break i usuall walk sideways and shoot till i'm behind my bunker then move forward to it, using the angles.

Yes i know this probobly doesn't make sense.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Well, I look at it in two or three different ways. First of all, I always try to use the bunkers as cover, so I will zig zag and cut then move up if at all possible. If it's a long way to go - I go directly to it.

If it's a tall bunker to the left or right of me, I'll sort of slide with my hand in front and on my side, but not really full body contact with the ground but ONLY if it's hot (lots of fire happening.) Otherwise I just run to it.

If it's in front of me and at least my height (I'm short - 5' 6") I'll run to it while squatting, or rock star slide - badly. More than likely it'll be a baseball slide though. If it's shorter than me, I rockstar it - again, badly!

The snake, zipper, off-side dorito, castle or whatever is there, I look to see if there's a bunker somewhere near the end of whatever and I shoot for that bunker (see previous slides I use.) Then, I can just dive (superman) without much damage to myself or any of the standing structures.

I only run to the snake and superman IF there's no other way to do it and if the ground is sand. Soft sand. Loosely packed sand. The kind that protects all the jewels and stuff that may end up buried in it...Don't look for me to do that too often...