Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2006, 08:33 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Default Hitmen pump mod tutorial JB style!

Here's my tutorial with the material I have at work!...

These are steel wire hanger's.

As you can see it's easily bendable. All bend's were done just by putting in a vice grip and doing it by hand. They already have a round bottom I just pinched it in the table vice to get the point I needed!

And here is the result. Give or take I haven't glued it in yet as I am going to paint it black but nonetheless it came out pretty good.

I used a 1/8 drill bit at first but it was too small so I went up to a 5/32. It's larger than the wire. The only problem I see is even with using good glue I'm going to bend the wire before sliding in a little in order to have some friction resistance along with the glue. Should work pretty good.

Here's the final picture on my new body.

But your pump stroke has to at a perfect point of being able to pull it back with just a couple finger's but still have a spring return to push the pump back up on it' s own. I've almost got mine perfect just a few more problem's to work out. Heck right now I still can grab the chickun wing with my finger's and pump it back and forth (until I got the glue on my guide rod) which still help's when your trying to keep tight in a bunker or shoot off handed!

JB.

Edit-
I just aligned my guide rod's to perfection still no return spring but I can literally take my pinky finger and pull back to cock the marker with it aired up. Give or take with a return spring it would be slightly harder but I'll have that worked out before the weekend is over.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Hitmen pump mod tutorial JB style!

And here is a video of the LA Hitmen using them.

It being used at 1:22 and 3:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qPA83DI8xs

Last edited by QAZ123 : 10-05-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Has Been

WOAH I REALLY LIKE YOUR FIRST GUN!

accually, both guns are pretty sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:55 AM

Actually without the return spring right now I can literally use my index finger and my middle finger to pull it back and my next finger (one beside my pinky) bush on the back side to push it back into firing position and I can do this pretty darn fast too!

Edit-
Oh yeah if anybody want's one of these I'll sell the raw product for $7 shipped.

JB.

Last edited by QAZ123 : 09-23-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Pump Freak!

Nice post! Very detailed and well-put-together. I'm not a big fan of the Hitman mod, but it seems to be the latest trend among pumpers (at least sniper-shooters). If I had a back-up sniper I might consider trying this myself.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:14 PM

Yeah a lot of people don't like it and some people actually claim to hate it. To me I was skeptical at first but after using it to shoot off handed I'm diggin it. I suppose if I practiced shooting off handed the regular way I wouldn't need it but nonetheless it doesn't bother me that it's on there if I ever feel I need it.

JB.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Banned

very coll, but i have a question... if you mod a semi cocker so that the 3way is activated by supershort stroke. rather than the trigger, is it legal in stock or pump class

ie you push the pump in a few mm and it activates the 3way, pushing air through the ram and recocking the gun then you release and spring tension brings the 3way and pump forward, closing the chamber. i think its called pnumatic assist pumping, but im not sure, anyway thats what im talking about
Old 10-28-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
very coll, but i have a question... if you mod a semi cocker so that the 3way is activated by supershort stroke. rather than the trigger, is it legal in stock or pump class

ie you push the pump in a few mm and it activates the 3way, pushing air through the ram and recocking the gun then you release and spring tension brings the 3way and pump forward, closing the chamber. i think its called pnumatic assist pumping, but im not sure, anyway thats what im talking about

Yeah it's called pneumatic assist. Pretty cool but not legal even in open class pump tourney's.

JB.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:30 AM

Just an update.

I did the same mod to my new marker. One thing I did different was use an 1/8th inch drill to start it as it was a lot easier to get through the metal of the pump. I then moved to a 5/32 drill bit. Again though this is only for my certain metal rods I use as it may vary depending on the material you use. I forgot to bend them to have some friction tightening. I don't think it will matter but if you remember to do it I would!

Here it is on my new marker!

JB.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Banned

nice!