Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2006, 10:51 AM
*713*

Default i was thinking about this..

i just got my rocket valve but i need to raise my fps and lower my psi, so im gonna swiss cheese mod my striker. i had one question for anyone who has done it. if i did not put the holes the exact same lengths apart and evenly disperse what i drill wouldnt that just cause i recocking issue? it may not but then again hmm... and for those who have a rocket valve, if i cut another blowback port with my dremel on the opisite side of the old one would that make a more even air flow?

i think to much
Old 01-06-2006, 11:33 AM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Question Re: i was thinking about this..

Sry, I don't understand your rationale:

If you make the striker lighter, you'll need to up the pressure to achieve a higher velocity lol -

If you made another port, it would just channel excess pressure to the striker that's not needed -

If you have no experience with this valve in the first place, why are you going to mess with it before you have even the slightest of it's potential the way it is now? Just sounds like you're going to deform some parts before you've even given them a chance to perform well in their stock state -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberpilot07

i think to much
Ya.......may be lol -
Old 01-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

Default Re: i was thinking about this..

no need to that to your striker. I did it to mine...and didn't change a thing.

BTW what psi are you shootinh now and how low are you planning to go? from my experience 300-350 is the most reliable, you could go lower but that just brings on more problems and you marker will just be unreliable.

Super Duper Feedback
Old 01-06-2006, 11:54 AM
*713*

its about 375 psi. i took it out in the back yard to shoot it...
i dont have a chrono but im pretty sure its shooting around 200 fps probably lower

and drago, if i lightened my striker and put in a heavy main spring wouldnt that make up for the velocity and still recock at the same psi? currently i have the light spring in it cause the heavy would sputter, and the medium would jackhammer.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

that would still be the same...if you lightened the striker but put a heavy main spring is almost the same as having a heavy striker and light spring., and don't cut another blowback port...just screw the SRP all the way out and just widen the gap on blowback port of the rocket valve a little, not too much or you lose fps. a med spring should work with a normal striker.

btw have you widened the port on the VA? that would really help your airflow issues if you haven't.

Super Duper Feedback
Old 01-06-2006, 12:42 PM
*713*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexGtr
that would still be the same...if you lightened the striker but put a heavy main spring is almost the same as having a heavy striker and light spring., and don't cut another blowback port...just screw the SRP all the way out and just widen the gap on blowback port of the rocket valve a little, not too much or you lose fps. a med spring should work with a normal striker.

btw have you widened the port on the VA? that would really help your airflow issues if you haven't.
well i got the rocket valve used so i cant screw it out anymore :-/. and i widened the va as much as i could.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:54 PM
sHaDyOneDeath

Yup. Maddman doesnt hae good customer service.

I bought a rebuild kit from them recently, when it came The SRP was defective. The top part of the SRP had plastic over it.

Put it this way, the SRP allows the pin to grow through it right? Well the one he sent me had the material its made out of covering the top hole. (think of a soda bottle cap when screwing it on the bottle)

So yea, i told him, hasnt responded. Emailed him again, Hasnt responded. Im no pleased.

Dragon, Is this SRP a "new version" or is it just defective?

I had a thought that maybe he made it that way so the pin wouldnt push though the SRP and strip it. Whatya think?

Custom BLM 1 2

My FeedBack
Old 01-07-2006, 08:29 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Ya the SRP should be essentially like a plastic nut that's round on the outside. Threads on the inside to thread onto the valve shaft which should protrude all the way through. Have you tried just cutting the hole all the way through w/o cutting into the threads? Seen someone selling a repair kit in the b/s/t today for $10. There's pics there too -

I literally waited 4 months before they straightened my concern out. This only because I finally called the BBB & cops on them. Once they have your cash, they ignore you and customer service seem to be non-existent or they feed you a bunch of lies to buy time. This was my experience anyways -
Old 01-07-2006, 08:41 PM
sHaDyOneDeath

Yea, i dont see point in cutting it bcuz he would have done a ****ty job on threading the SRP if he couldnt have penetrated the bit through.

I just used my old valve pin on the rocket valve since it was already filed down and used the lil "defect" to my advantage.

...Still, i dont like recieving half-ass products when im paying 15$ for a pin, spring and a peice of plastic. =]

Custom BLM 1 2

My FeedBack
Old 01-08-2006, 07:15 PM
*713*

hehe 250 psi shooting 260fps today. ya thats hawt