Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 PM

Default pilot '09 problems and questions

so I have a problem that's reeeealy been bothering me. Its when my bolt doesn't fully recock, it goes back hits the sear but doesn't go over it. Then I just pull it the rest of the way back and it works again. Its almost a full recock but not completely.

I think it could be that I don't have a macroline so not enough air is flowing through the steel braided hose. Or that my VA doesnt have that small chamber right under the barrel that helps collect air. I can't remember what its called. I have a brand new buna o-ring on my hammer so its not that. I'm very annoyed that I can't fix this. It happens when if ramp or trigger walk and on co2 or HPA (happens more on c02). Its really bothering me and I've seen spyders work flawlessly without this problem and I want mine to also.

Now for a question. This isnt a problem but I've been wondering what kind of regulator would work for this gun. I've seen the gen3 CPs and they go 100-800 PSI so obviously that is a good range. But will the older CPs work even though they only go up to 500 PSI? Because the older ones cost alot less. Whats a good reg for a spyder?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:24 PM
dorito man

Default Re: pilot '09 problems and questions

More than likely it's the o-ring on the striker, replace that and the oil it. Or try to replace the battery.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
More than likely it's the o-ring on the striker, replace that and the oil it. Or try to replace the battery.
Actually now that I think about it it's probably the battery, I've been using generic batteries and they dont last very long, the one I have might be low. Where can I buy the striker o-rings? Or any o-ring for that matter? I have none left and I'd like to have extra just in case.

BTW I already looked @ oringmonkey they don't sell spyder kits for '09s
Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 AM

If its not recocking, its not the battery. It would be that theres not enough air for blowback, which probably is the o-ring on the striker. Could just need a good cleaning too.

Just about any reg will work. The older CP that only goes to 500 should work. A spring kit to tweak things would help.

Here's a link for some o-rings, you can also buy them off ebay. I've bought from these guys without problem:

http://www.orings-online.net/index.p...oduct s_id=60
Old 06-17-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawpass View Post
If its not recocking, its not the battery. It would be that theres not enough air for blowback, which probably is the o-ring on the striker. Could just need a good cleaning too.

Just about any reg will work. The older CP that only goes to 500 should work. A spring kit to tweak things would help.

Here's a link for some o-rings, you can also buy them off ebay. I've bought from these guys without problem:

http://www.orings-online.net/index.p...oduct s_id=60
Thanks! That's exactly the info I've been looking for! I can't ever get a straight answer out of techpb and I knew I'd get one here. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:00 PM
add 1,794 posts

also i dont know if youre doing it or not but CP regs arent meant to handle CO2
Old 06-19-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkShadow View Post
also i dont know if youre doing it or not but CP regs arent meant to handle CO2
Im on air, hey i heard I cant just slap a reg on it; that i have to change the springs and valve first. Is that true?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:50 AM

Respected, period.

You have to change the springs and valve on what? The Marker? You can put a regulator on there without doing anything at all.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 06-20-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut View Post
You have to change the springs and valve on what? The Marker? You can put a regulator on there without doing anything at all.
alright thats what I thought but I was just unsure. And just to clarify the onld style CP regs will work even though they only go up to 500 psi correct?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:19 AM

Using the reg below 500psi can certainly be done, its just a question of if you have enough velocity or if you need to compensate with a spring kit. I would guess you'd be able to dial in the back velocity adjuster and get enough velocity at around 500. The further you turn down the reg the more likely you'll need to mess with the springs.