Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2011, 06:48 AM
New Guy

Question Questions regarding the Sonix Pro

I know this gun is a cheap marker, but I really liked it's design and it was only $40.00 on Craigs List.

I have been looking to do the basic upgrades. Mainly a new feed neck and a expansion chamber. The problem I am having is that I have NO idea which feed neck will work. I keep seeing ones "with tabs" "without tabs" "version A" "version B". It's insane.

Will this work? http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/...neck-version-a

Or "version B" http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/...neck-version-b

I have always had a an expansion chamber on my guns, but read they are not ideal. Is this true, and if so please provide me with a better alternative with a link and explanation.

I also want to go with a bolt that will quiet the gun. I keep seeing the whisper bolt, but $45.00 for a bolt seems high.

Also, where can I find a thumb adjuster for this gun? It has the pull pin that needs to be removed to pull out the existing adjuster.

I have done countless hours trying to educate myself online by searches, I am done.

Thanks for any help!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Questions regarding the Sonix Pro

I'm pretty sure the newer-ish sonix uses tabs, but a picture would help confirm. Is it this one?:
http://www.spyder.tv/section/support...yder_sonix.pdf

Expansion chambers are only useful if you are going to use c02, otherwise its just more o-rings you have to replace. If you are using c02, unless you're playing in colder weather its still debatable if they help for a mechanical gun, although I guess they are slightly cheaper than some options.

IMO no bolt is really going to do that much to quiet the gun, for the money you'd be better off looking for a barrel with lots of porting or a regulator instead of the expansion chamber to reduce the pressure.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 AM
New Guy

Default Re: Questions regarding the Sonix Pro

Thank you. I have a J&J, a Dye, and a CP barrel, just thought MAYBE a different bolt will make it a tad more quiet.

Yes that is the gun.

I called the company that makes the feed neck and they told me version A is the one I'd want.

Next question. Do the Spyders use a common size thread for their hoses? Common meaning universal for most all makes of paintball guns. If I needed a longer hose from the bottom of the grip to the gun where would I look? In the link you provided it is part number HSE003.

Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Resident *******

Spyders use Metric threads, almost all others use NPT. You can get all the parts you need from SundragonPPS.com, including metric to NPT adapters and longer metric hoses.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to