Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 AM
New Guy

Default Whats going on..

Whats up , as you may know...I'm new hence .. "New.Shooter" haha..

Any way, i just got my first paintball marker/gun..i have a Sypder Pilot not sure if its a 09,10,11..doesnt say or i'm just that new to this that i dont see it. Well any way, I'm looking to upgrade..i saw that there is a new hush bolt that adds 50-54+ on your marker..i may be getting that.. but i was also looking to do something with the stock regulator/grip if that's what its called, was looking for something different. I've seen on markers that people have a drop forward piece, i was wondering what is the exact purpose of that besides giving ur marker a unique look.

But yea, those are my questions that i have. I apologize ahead of time if this topic is getting old but i just didn't see the answers that I'm looking for. If you are kind, direct me with some links or products that i can use on my Pilot..it would be greatly appreciated.

Just in case u were wondering what i have:

Sypder Pilot (Black)
Ninja 68ci 4500 HPA
Proto-Primo Hopper( i know this isnt the best hopper but, i read good reviews on it)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-08-2011, 11:45 AM
add 1,794 posts

Default Re: Whats going on..

Welcome to the forums. The hush bolt is a good upgrade if you really want to spend the money. what comes on the pilot is basically just an expansion chamber. you can upgrade to a regulator but since you are pretty new I wouldnt buy one until you fully understand what it does and how it functions etc. a regulator regulates the air going into the marker but it's not just something you throw on and call it good. you should do some research on how it changes the performance of your gun. and really that goes for all upgrades on your marker.

Drop forwards just change the position of your tank and really arent needed. it's just a preference.

If youre going to put money into your marker i'd suggest an after market barrel but i wouldnt go above 16 inches. unlike firearms, you dont want a really long barrel, long barrels a cumbersome and just a waste of air. and honestly i'd shell out more cash for a hopper, you can only shoot as fast as your hopper feeds. you dont have to drop $150 on one, any mid level hopper will be fine
Old 03-08-2011, 01:46 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

I have not heard from anyone but the manufacturer that the Hush Bolt actually adds any velocity or makes any improvements from the stock configuration. Only bolt I have heard alot about is then ACP bolt and I'm not speaking the undertow copy that they offer. If you must have a new bolt, get their 2 o-ring version -

Welcome
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 03-08-2011, 06:45 PM
New Guy

@ thedarkshadow- what about bodykits for the pilot? would like 2 change it if there is any. Barrel, i was thinking maybe getting a longer one..have any suggestions on where i can get aftermarket barrel that will fit my marker??

@ dragon- so your saying the hush bolt doesnt do anything? no difference from the stock bolt to hush?

Now question for both, if u were looking to maximize the **** out of this marker lol, like make every penny worth it...what would u do? i know hopper would be one and barrel..would there be anything else?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: Whats going on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Shooter View Post
@ dragon- so your saying the hush bolt doesnt do anything? no difference from the stock bolt to hush?

Now question for both, if u were looking to maximize the **** out of this marker lol, like make every penny worth it...what would u do? i know hopper would be one and barrel..would there be anything else?
I bit misconstrued. I meant what I said, I have not heard from anyone but the manufacturer that the Hush Bolt actually adds any velocity or makes any improvements from the stock configuration. May be that it's a bit pricy and a newer to the market product. The one I mention has been around for a while, modestly priced and I see alot of people suggesting it as a decent upgrade -

If you wanted to max that marker out, I would suggest just getting an Electra which beside the barrel, is an upgraded version of the Pilot from the box. You could spend $100+ on upgrades or spend $100+ on an Electra -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 PM
dorito man

My suggestion, get a nice barrel JJ, freak, and dye ( 2 piece ) are all nice. Make sure it's spyder threaded though , the hush bolt is nice if you got the extra money. Asa adapter would be a nice upgrade, and a clamping feedneck.
I think the regulators are just fine the way it is.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 PM
add 1,794 posts

there arent really any "body kits" you can upgrade to a regulator and on/off asa. i hate to sound like a CP fan boy but really it seems like everyone likes their products.

for a barrel you want spyder threaded barrels. from 12-16 inch and .685-.689 bore size.

cp barrel
http://www.ansgear.com/Custom_Produc...a1pcdblack.htm
cp regulator
http://www.ansgear.com/Custom_Produc...atordblack.htm
cp on/off you can go with 2 options
the rail and the dovetail asa
http://www.ansgear.com/Custom_Produc...raildblack.htm
+
http://www.ansgear.com/Custom_Produc...fasadblack.htm
or the direct mount
http://www.ansgear.com/Custom_Produc...fasadblack.htm
Old 03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
add 1,794 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Shooter View Post
@ thedarkshadow- thanks for the links, umm for the barrel i saw that there is 3 options for it, how would i know which is what for the pilot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkShadow View Post
for a barrel you want spyder threaded barrels. from 12-16 inch and .685-.689 bore size.
all you need for it to be is spyder threaded. the rest is up to you. personally i'd go with a 14in .689

as for tank covers, sorry i really dont have any knowledge with that
Old 03-09-2011, 03:28 PM
dorito man

If I was you check out some of the things we have mentioned on major paintball websites or an auction website. There are a ton out there exp.
Sundragon Paintball, custom products, asngear, ebay, do some research and find the best prices.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Welcome to SOC.

The absolute BEST upgrade for your marker is YOU!!! Go out and play and you will get better. Plus the more you play, the more you will see what about your current marker you do not like.

If you are set on spending your $$ I would first get a barrel, then get a new hopper.

Also you don't mention what other gear you have. Take the best marker available and put on a crappy pair of goggles and your day of play will STINK!!! If you cant see it doesn't matter how much your marker costs or is upgraded.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!