View Poll Results: Vanquished Spyder to Ego Feedneck
Would not recommend 0 0%
It's an alright product 2 100.00%
Recommend 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Vanquished Spyder to Ego feedneck adapter

The other day, I got this link from Tim (Bigred) and when I saw it, I thought, "They stole my idea!" Well, technically, it was the fishman's idea (thanks again, Dre!), but I took it and ran with it by developing it for my Spimego project. See here for a detailed explanation and tutorial on my version made last summer.

I was having some difficulty with mine for awhile since I don't have a machine to actually produce a professional version. However, I had finally milled an oring slot and with a fat oring and some electrical tape, it had become pretty stable. Plus it gave my Spimmy a distinctive look. As far as I know, I was the first to actually put an Ego feedneck on a Spimmy/Spyder, so I was pretty happy with being unique...Then, along comes Vanquished. Now it seems EVERYONE can put an Ego feedneck on their Spimmys!

So I figured I would order one of these and see what I missed out on by not trying to patent ANOTHER one of my ideas that have come to light over the past few years.

First impressions: Ordering is pretty basic. Easy to do with the point and click system. Only 14.99 which is pretty good. However, they NAIL you with the shipping - a little more than 10 bucks shipping through UPS. OUCH! And that's with normal land shipping which took a week to get to me. Yup, I'm still sitting funny - not sure I removed all the pieces from my backside when they finished with me....

It got here in a rather large box compared to the size of the adapter, packed solid with packing peanuts (which as anyone will tell you can be quite a barrell of fun by themselves!) and the package centered in the middle quite nicely.

It looks good. Annodizing seems well done, the shape is good and no orings are needed to get a tight fit. It's about 1/8-1/4 inch taller than my homemade one, though, so I still own them in height, haha!

Upside: If you get one of these, the girls will think you are heroic and manly. You'll grow hair on your chest and your voice will be 2 octives deeper than those around you. Men will fear you, women will want you.

Ok, maybe not. But, at least for the time being, you'll have a cool feature on your otherwise normal looking Spyder.

Downside: If you get one of these, you're going to have to buy the Ego clamping part of the feedneck separately. These run about 15-30 bucks new (if I remember right - I think I paid 20 for mine last year) so you're looking at nearly 30-50 bucks for a complete feedneck using this part. If you can find a used one for less, you're still looking at about 20-40 bucks complete.

Overall impression: It's a feedneck adapter. What more can I say? It works! Doesn't really do much else but adds a bit more stability than my original one did.

Pics of it on my Spimego...

Old 04-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: Vanquished Spyder to Ego feedneck adapter

tim as in bigred tim, or tim as in otter tim?? it sounds good if you don't want to make one yourself, and the cheapest ego feednecks i've found were $20.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 04-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Bigred Tim. Yeah, if you have the money and don't want to work on the Spego mod I did, then this is certainly the way to go!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:58 PM
add 1,794 posts

next time invest in a patent looks weirdly tall compared to your homemade one
Old 04-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I know - I said the same thing to Tim! But, I'm not going to give anyone a hard time on this. It was fun to make, and I can always say I was the first and back it up with time stamps on those posts, haha!

It is taller - if you look at mine, you'll see that the bottom of the clamping part fits right on top of the screws. The Vanquished one is a good 1/8 to 1/4 inch off of them, which of course adds to the height. However, I believe that setting right on top of the screws contributed to some of the unstableness of my mod. Also, in this product the tube fits right along with the "ledge" that runs around the middle of the clamping part, making it pretty solidly flush.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Weeeee!

WOW vike . I remember that day too....
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:24 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Cool Re: Vanquished Spyder to Ego feedneck adapter

Hmmmmmm.....New Designz released these about 5 or 6 years ago. Me tinks before any aluminum feednecks were available for Spyders. They're $8 bucks now -

Look familiar perhaps? -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 04-17-2008, 03:25 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON View Post
Look familiar perhaps? -
thanks drago! i knew it looked familar, just couldnt place it.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Finally!!!

To quote a great american icon (Hommer Simpson).....DOH!
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 04-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Resident *******

Good to hear that, Bryce! I'm glad it worked out for you so well! I'm definitely going to have to pick up one without holes to see how it's height is comparatively when I start on my Spyder-ish project (you know which one! ).

Drago, those are for Imp threaded feednecks. The problem with those is that the threads are normally "weak" compared to, say, an Autococker threaded feedneck or an Ego clamp. The thing with the Ego clamp is that it's the second tightest clamping feedneck I've ever used. The first was the feedneck on the DP Threshold. Wait, what am I doing? I'm lecturing already... I've been reading too many posts!

DF.... now why would anyone call Otter Tim besides me? To brag, I guess I started it with the whole first name thing simply because in an AIM chat (OS KusaChats ftmfw!), it doesn't make sense to call vets by their SN's. They're people, and should thus be treated like it, and called by their names. Otter and Drago are the exceptions, as I don't like getting confused which "Tim" you're talking to, and I don't think Drago's ever divulged even his first name.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to