Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2006, 03:15 PM
I build custom Timmies

Default Scuba Tank/Filling your own tanks?

My friend just happen to inherit a 10 man diablo airball field. I talked to Durrell about filling our own tanks at the field but I need some help finding all the parts I will need. I'm very new to filling your own tank thing so I need to know every single part that I will need and what I can expect to pay for all the parts for the fill station. Thanks guys.

Fred
MY FEEDBACK
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=202
Old 02-13-2006, 03:25 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Default Re: Scuba Tank/Filling your own tanks?

Filling compressed air tank's...

Scuba tank- $200 brand new maybe a little more
Scuba tank fill station-$45

They only fill to 3000 psi though. I have one and there nice until you get a lot of people siphoning off of it.

C02 tank's..
Rent a big co2 tank
Fill station should be about $25

There's a technique to eat that you might want to read up on as it can be a little dangerous. I haven't done it myself but there is a couple thing's to watch out for maybe somebody else can shed some light on that.

JB.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:13 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Quote:
Originally Posted by QAZ123

They only fill to 3000 psi though. I have one and there nice until you get a lot of people siphoning off of it...........
I agree. Most people that get them use get 2 tanks, 1 tank for the initial fill and a 2nd to top it off. Still not that good for a group of even say 10 people. You will have a short day of fills with a small scuba tank. The 3000psi on a scuba will give less and less pressure per each consecutive fill -

If you're going to have a bunch of people getting air, you might just consider renting a 50lb tank and buying a fill station specifically for HPA for it. A bit more cost effective than purchasing them. You're prolly a big guy, you could most likely lift it yourself. You can sell fills to your friends and make back what you invest into it. A guy at a local renegade field sells complete fills for $2 and to top off your tank after a game $1 -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 02-13-2006, 04:11 PM

Respected, period.

You can also rent tanks with higher out put pressure from you're local welding supply store. All you'll have to do is get a fill station to connect to it. This filling station would be a little more than your average scuba fill station. You can probably work with your welding supply store to build one from scratch or you can find one online. You can also buy your own tank with a 4500 to 5000 psi capability for from like $400-700, depending on size and output pressure. You can look at Nuvair, they have lots of stuff. There is another place that you can check out online for filling equipment but I can't find the site, I'll look for it more and if I find it I'll add it in here.

Edited: Here you go. That site has everything you need.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 02-13-2006, 05:27 PM

I use a standard 3000psi 80cf SCUBA tank. Bought it for $150, could have gotten it cheaper but I specificly bought from a scuba shop that will refill it without having a diver certification. He charges me $5 for HPA fills. The tanks have a standard 10% overfill, so it can actually be filled to 3300psi. The owner though fills to 3500 psi because the tanks will safely handle it. I threw a Cat-5 fill station on it, about $25. I use mine for just fiddling at home and playing outlaw, but i'm the only one there filling off it too Hope those guys keep their Co2!
Old 02-13-2006, 05:29 PM

I at one point was trying to get a big tank from welding shop's but none of the one's around here had anything capable of over 2200 psi. He told me I could go buy a big tank and he could get it filled but I figured it would end up being a hassle. I just made everybody quit siphoning off of my scuba lol!

JB.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:05 PM
I build custom Timmies

Thanks, so what I'm thinking is that we should probaly just find a shop to rent a tank from that will fill to 4500 and just buy our own fill station to adapt to it. What's it going to cost to rent one for say a day or weekend you think?

Fred
MY FEEDBACK
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=202
Old 02-13-2006, 06:23 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Don't quote me on this but I think I recall someone mentioning like $50 a year to rent the large 50lb tank and you just pay for fills afterwards. It will be different prices depending on how available they are in your area. I used to get my C02 filled for $10 when I lived around Detroit but now it's like $13 here. I own my own 20lb tank though -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Timmy Collector

at work we have nitrogen, cost about 60 cdn to rent for year, fills are cheap for this, so far was going to build a system with parts from the local hydraulic shop, just have to tell them how much psi it will need to handle, one thing i wondered is where to get the coupler for you HPA tanks though?

Pics of my Stuff- Aprill 2011 !

Feedback +11/-0
OFCM#9
Online M-F / Weekend Gone
Paypal
Old 02-14-2006, 05:42 AM

I think all you have to do is get a quick disconnect system and use those coupler's. Depending on the tank you will need a bleed off valve if it has an on/off on top of the tank. If it doesn't then you will need to build in an on/off valve then a bleed off valve then the adapter to go into the nipple on the paintball tank. You just gotta make sure all the fitting's are rated for that amount of pressure.

I'll try and find a picture of what I'm talking about as I've seen them before.

Almost easier if everybody just bought two 68/4500's though.

JB.