Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2005, 03:26 PM

Respected, period.

Default Support Thread version 2.0

We had this thread on the other forum; Vike started it to help him when he was trying to lose weight. I miss it because I was one of the few who posted regularly on there.

So the purpose of this thread if you never saw it on the previous KUSA is to support each other on our life endeavors in weight loss/gain. Let everyone know what your goals are, if your having trouble reaching those goals, need help making a workout routine, need feedback or ideas on supplements, ect...

I'll start us out:

Due to the holidays I haven't exactly been sticking to my workout routine. I've still been going to the gym almost everyday but the drive just isn't there right now. I got another year membership to the gym for Christmas and hopefully after New Years I'll be able to get back into it. I'm maintaining my weight and actually last night on flat bench did 195 lbs twice without a spot. That was at the end of that workout. I started at 115 lbs, did that 10 times. Then 155 lbs, 8 times, then 185 lbs 6 times and finally 195 lbs twice. I'm almost positive that I can put up at least 200 lbs now, if not more. I'll give that a try next week because I'm going to try to max out next week, just to see what my numbers are at the beginning of the year.

So, chubz, vike, qaz and others, how are you guys doing?

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 12-28-2005, 03:32 PM
wat

I dont need to lose anymore weight, my mom is worried about me because I cant seem to gain weight anymore. She thinks I'm anemic. But I do want to start running to build stamina and just to make me healthier as a whole, and I'm trying hard to cut back on the junk foods but the holidays havent helped. I also want to start lifting but I just have this feeling when I lift at the Y that everyone is watching me so I think we might pick up a weight bench for here at home..but yeah, I'm trying just to tone up a bit and make it to where I can play paintball and basketball for long periods of time without running shor of breath. I do have a small dose of asthma, but that's not why I run short of breath..I just don't exercise alot..
Old 12-28-2005, 03:42 PM

Respected, period.

D, you have to ignore the people around you. You can talk to the guys who are in the gym everyday, the ones with the cut up rock solid bodies, and they'll tell you that it doesn't matter what you are lifting, just that you are there making an effort. Everyone had to start somewhere. Arnold didn't just walk into the gym and put up 400 lbs, he had to work up to it (and take a lot of steriods).

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 12-28-2005, 03:43 PM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut
D, you have to ignore the people around you. You can talk to the guys who are in the gym everyday, the ones with the cut up rock solid bodies, and they'll tell you that it doesn't matter what you are lifting, just that you are there making an effort. Everyone had to start somewhere. Arnold didn't just walk into the gym and put up 400 lbs, he had to work up to it (and take a lot of steriods).
I know, I'm trying to get over it but it's like a phobia. But I want to start working out now so by summertime I can go to the pool and look better..
Old 12-28-2005, 03:53 PM
New Guy

Well if you want to hear about weight lose i got some stuff to tell

I am now in 10th grade and current am 6'3" weighing between 198-205
In 7th grade i was 5'10" weighing 250

Needless to say ive changed a little in the past few years

I attribute this completely to football
I started playing jv football in 8th grade and moved on to varsity 9th and 10th and started both years

The constant working out over and gaining of musle has put me and a good place now

i can now bench a clean 240 and squat close to 650

Out of doing all this i have one thing to tell anyone

RUNNING IS GOD OF WEIGHTLOSE
Old 12-28-2005, 03:56 PM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zus
RUNNING IS GOD OF WEIGHTLOSE

I would say running in combination with a good meal plan is best but good for you. I'm sure that not having that extra weight is nice.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 12-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Well, I basically stopped working out for about 2 weeks. Stress, school, paintball, family, boredom - all contributed to me not exercising. Started back up last week, but I've gained about 5 pounds back - being off everyday around candy and food and no real activity, plus Christmas and New Year's - big time problems!

I started back on my original program, and promptly found out that I've lost a LOT of endurance and strength doing those so-called "focusing" programs - the ones that focus on a specific set of muscles...

I'll get it back, though. One way or the other. Just have less time to meet my goal is all. 4 pack by March (Spring Break)!
Old 12-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Respected Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell
I also want to start lifting but I just have this feeling when I lift at the Y that everyone is watching me so I think we might pick up a weight bench for here at home...
Durrell, I know exactly how you feel. I joined a local gym, almost a year ago, and when I first started going, I felt inferrior to everyone there, and that I was being watched too. Thing is, that eventually changed. The more I went, the more comfortable I was whenever I did go. Just like shunut said, just the fact that you go and are making an effort, nobody can blame you for that. Thing is, sometimes when your working out, you get so focused you forget about everyone around you, and just become focused on what your doing. Ever thought about bringing music? That can help keep your mind off everyone around you, so you can focus on your workout. Other than that, Good luck
Old 12-28-2005, 04:58 PM
wat

Yeah, I was considering getting myself an iPod. But I normally just go with a friend to take my mind off of it. And another thing is, the bar that is at the gym is much bigger and longer than I'm used to. I started benching over the summer and did it like once a week and went from 85 to 125 in 3 months, but at the gym I dont even think I can get 115 because the bar is so huge, so that adds to the embarassment. I'm not even out of shape, my abs just need help..everything else is good.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:08 PM
New Guy

Most people there wont judge you tho
at every gym that ive been to people are always there to help you no matter how strong you are

if someone is looking at you funny and laughing o well they had to start sometime too