Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Trading Post > Store Links and Info
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 PM
2002'er

Exclamation Introducing: The X-Customs Hall FX Kit

X-Customs is very excited to introduce the X-Customs Hall FX Kit.

Introduction

The X-Customs Hall FX Kit is a long-held secret of X-Customs. Originally prototyped in 2003 as the “floating trigger” concept, this trigger switch provides a first-class trigger pull only found on some higher-end markers. It works by replacing the stock push-button trigger switch with a magnetic sensor. This sensor uses an electrical phenomenon called the Hall Effect to detect a magnet on the trigger and fire the marker. With no mechanical button to press, trigger pull is significantly smoother and immensely more customizable.

When the “floating trigger” concept was discussed four years ago, many solid conclusions were made regarding its performance potential, including its great durability and reliability. Optical trigger setups (found on some high-end markers) have been known to fail when interrupted by dirt or paint. Conversely, the Hall FX Kit senses a magnetic field, so the sensor’s “sight” is never clouded. To protect the sensor from paint and other debris, the Hall FX Kit seals its sensor within a custom-made acrylic housing. This housing also conveniently acts as a secure backstop for all standard rear-slack adjustment screws.

It is generally understood in the Spyder community that any switch with an activation weight 50g or heavier is safe to use with regards to electrical bounce, and anything lighter should be carefully watched. The X-Customs Hall FX Kit on the other hand has no activation weight and exhibits NO electrical bounce. This extraordinary discovery offers a huge benefit for its users. With the X-Customs Hall FX Kit, trigger pulls can be tweaked below 50g safely and confidently.

With such a revolutionary device looming around for years, you may be wondering, “why haven’t we seen a Hall Effect Sensor kit for Spyders before?” Well, until now, there have been no drop-in solutions for installing the Hall Effect application into a Spyder ESP frame. X-Customs’ first prototype required certain operations that made returning the ESP frame to its stock configuration impossible. Transitioning from this first prototype to the Hall FX Kit is a huge accomplishment. The X-Customs Hall FX Kit requires no soldering, crimping, or splicing. The worst part of its installation involves epoxying an included magnet to the backside of the trigger. Even better, everything is reversible, including the epoxied magnet! Like the X-Customs SwiX, the Hall FX Kit is truly a plug-and-play upgrade.

Compatibility

The X-Customs Hall FX Kits are compatible with all stock ESP-framed Spyders (Classic, IPI, CAMD, LED, and LCD boards), T-Boards, IS Boards, and XSF Boards. Compatibility with the Kingman Tadao, Virtue, and Lucky Spitfire Boards is not yet available but is in process. A VS2 version is also in development. Stay posted for further updates!

Pricing and Ordering Information

All pricing and ordering information can be found on the X-Customs website: http://www.x-customs.com. Everything is in stock but still needs assembling, so no orders will be taken until they are assembled and perfect. Your patience is extremely appreciated.

ETA for first shipment: AVAILABLE NOW!

SPYDER CUP PARTICIPANTS – X-Customs is offering an exclusive discount to all Spyder Cup participants! Check the website for more details.

Bundle Option

X-Customs will also be offering additional discounts on bundled orders. Check the website for more details.

X-Customs NV - The Pinnacle Spyder Trigger
X-Customs Hall FX Kit - "Genius" Magnetic Trigger Switch System
X-Customs SwiX - 50g Solderless Microswitch

Last edited by Xyxyll : 07-22-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:28 PM
To the MAX

Default Re: Introducing: The X-Customs Hall FX Kit

sweet when i get my pb gear and some money i think i might pick one up.

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 06-25-2007, 06:51 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Sounds very cool, put some pictures up though!
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Not sure this is any secret of the sort lol. Sounds like a Piezo switch which was introduced into the paintball community quite a while ago. A company(can't remember the name) released their version of it and it sounded promising but flopped for some reason. So is this a Piezo of the sort? If it's something different or the Piezo for that matter, good luck anyways -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 06-26-2007, 06:14 PM
To the MAX

The piezo uses some weird crystal thingy for it's sensor, and detects pressure (from what the linked site says) a hall effect sensor detects changes in the electromagnetic field of the magnet

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 06-27-2007, 12:43 AM
2002'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
Not sure this is any secret of the sort lol. Sounds like a Piezo switch which was introduced into the paintball community quite a while ago. A company(can't remember the name) released their version of it and it sounded promising but flopped for some reason. So is this a Piezo of the sort? If it's something different or the Piezo for that matter, good luck anyways -
Certainly not a secret to the paintball industry (Emags and Invert Minis), but to my knowledge, nobody has successfully reproduced a working Spyder Hall Effect Sensor before or since the original prototype. I have run into several people who have tried and failed though.

I am not very familiar with the Piezo Switch, but if it was intended to be used with just your fingers, I seem to remember that activation method being turned down by the major tournament leagues. It does work on the same idea that the Hall FX does though in regards to eliminating electrical bounce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune
The piezo uses some weird crystal thingy for it's sensor, and detects pressure (from what the linked site says) a hall effect sensor detects changes in the electromagnetic field of the magnet
Correct. There is no physical contact between the trigger and the sensor except the back stop.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:03 PM
2002'er

Exclamation X-Customs Hall FX Kit Update

In response to the many requests to be notified when ready,

The first Hall FX Kits have been assembled and are ready to go! To purchase, go to the Hall FX Kit section of X-Customs.com and follow directions. Note that the posted installation instructions have been updated to more-accurately describe the installation process.

The X-Customs Hall FX Kits are compatible with all stock ESP-framed Spyders (Classic, IPI, CAMD, LED, and LCD boards), T-Boards, IS Boards, and XSF Boards. Compatibility with the Kingman Tadao, Virtue, and Lucky Spitfire Boards is not yet available but is in process. A VS2 version is also in development. Stay posted for further updates!

Happy Upgrading!

Last edited by Xyxyll : 07-22-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:16 AM
10/19/03

I remember you guys from back in the day when the talks first came up about the HES kits. Seems like the ACP guys were also working on an HES kit for Spyders, but I'm not sure if that ever released or not. Welcome back.