Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Member Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Intermediate Player

Default Pulse reveiw

After hearing all these good things about the pulse, I decided to pick on up and try it out. I found the exact color I wanted (smoke) for a pretty reasonable price. I payed $112 for it on the nation. I know there is some bad things happening right now with Draxxus and all, but I still had to get one. It's one of the green boarded ones so I geuss you can call it First generation. It is actually lighter than my halo. The pulse also comes stock with some stuf that you have to upgrade on the Halo. It has a magnetic lid, and a small button on the bottom that helps in jam the hopper if it happens to jam. It also comes with a lower profile feedneck so you don't have to cut it. I also really like how the feed housing comes out like it does. So easy to clean. Here are some pics.

Ignore the crotch shot. Best way I could get the pics.

In this last pic you can see the small blue button on the bottom. That is the button that makes the drivecone spin backwards to unjam. Very very awesome. It looks like you could also install a speed wheel on this hopper just like the halo. I really do like this hopper. I do think it is worth the money. If you need certain pics of the hopper, let me know and i'll take them for you. I know this isn't the best review in the world but it's the best I can do. My overall rating for this hopper would have to be a 9 out of 10. Would hvae been a ten, but the drive housing doesn't come out as easy as they make it look.

Last edited by stylinbeaver : 04-23-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:57 PM
PMR'er

Default Re: Pulse review

Cool, cant wait to hear what u ahve to say after a few months about though.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Intermediate Player

Whatcha mean? You think it will break? I thought the same until I actually seen how tough it really is. The feedneck is really thick and the shells seem to be pretty thick also.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
PMR'er

Well i mean if u like it more over the halo, and if it breaks/ fries. I hope it doesnt cause i kinda like it and want one.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Intermediate Player

I do like it more than the halo.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:14 PM
PMR'er

Im gonna wait a month for u to say that......
Old 04-25-2007, 01:25 PM
THE GAME

halo's are like the worst high end hoppers out. (no i don't count the fasta as highend) rank:

pulse
vlocity sf
reloader b2
vlocity jr
reloader b
halo b
Old 04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Intermediate Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx-Damage
Im gonna wait a month for u to say that......
Just go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler
halo's are like the worst high end hoppers out. (no i don't count the fasta as highend) rank:

pulse
vlocity sf
reloader b2
vlocity jr
reloader b
halo b
I feel the same way. I've always had problems with my halo(s). Main problem is jamming. It seems like it would always do it when the batts got a little low
Old 04-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Finally!!!

If you want to increase the speed remove the bottom drive motor housing plate and then the green circuit board, you'll see a small adjustable pod on the component side of the board, clockwise increases speed, do it in small increments and don't just max it out becasue if you use really fragile paint it might break a ball when the stack feeds and then goes under pressure. Get the Rf chip, I've got one in both my Up'd Pilot and Angel 1 and it is well worth the money. It works great in pulse mode but it is incredible in sync'd mode. Pay close attention to the feedneck, some (including myself) have had the neck snap clean off at the base. DXS customer service is definitely not what you would expect from a company selling arguably the best and most expense mass production loader out there so I fixed the broke neck myself by drilling holes into the feedneck, installing metal pins and then JB welding in place. Its pretty much bullet-proof now. Hopefully we'll start seeing after-market shells or at least replacement shells available soon.

Congrats on picking up one hell of a loader at a petty good price, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

p.s. let me know if you want to set it up to run 2 9v's and I'll send you an easy how to.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Intermediate Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVS1
If you want to increase the speed remove the bottom drive motor housing plate and then the green circuit board, you'll see a small adjustable pod on the component side of the board, clockwise increases speed, do it in small increments and don't just max it out becasue if you use really fragile paint it might break a ball when the stack feeds and then goes under pressure. Get the Rf chip, I've got one in both my Up'd Pilot and Angel 1 and it is well worth the money. It works great in pulse mode but it is incredible in sync'd mode. Pay close attention to the feedneck, some (including myself) have had the neck snap clean off at the base. DXS customer service is definitely not what you would expect from a company selling arguably the best and most expense mass production loader out there so I fixed the broke neck myself by drilling holes into the feedneck, installing metal pins and then JB welding in place. Its pretty much bullet-proof now. Hopefully we'll start seeing after-market shells or at least replacement shells available soon.

Congrats on picking up one hell of a loader at a petty good price, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

p.s. let me know if you want to set it up to run 2 9v's and I'll send you an easy how to.
Wow. I did not know you could change the speed. Thanks alot. I am going to have to try that. As far as the RF chip goes, I need to pick one up. I'm hoping for some new shells. Maybe it wont be long stinger paintball designs will make custom shells for the pulse. Hopefully. I know how to do the 2 9 volt mod. Did it to one of my halo's. Thanks though. Sorry Max damage. I was a littel snappy earlier and it got away with me.