Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Paintball Tournaments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:47 AM
New Guy

Default Psp and NPPL Merging

What is everyones thoughts on the merge it is likely to happen this upcoming season ?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Finally! A special name!!

Meh... They keep merging and splitting and merging and splitting... I'm tired of it... Haha PSP rocks NPPL's socks off... 'Nuf said...
Old 12-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Are they actually going to do it? I heard that was just a nasty rumor and it wasn't really going to happen...
Old 12-28-2005, 12:26 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

I dunno but I think there need's to be one defined "pro" division. Silly to have more than one! JB.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Banned

it needs to happen. drop 15bps ramping rule and invest in teh robot.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:46 PM
New Guy

Its a really good chance its gonna happen if anyone has a copy of januarys paintball 2 xtremes they its all over it

apperently there was a secret meeting at the psp world cup about merging the leauges
Old 12-28-2005, 02:54 PM
RaWr

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
it needs to happen. drop 15bps ramping rule and invest in teh robot.
Chances are, if it happens they will keep 15 bps ramping.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 12-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Listen to Bob Marley

Default Re: Psp and NPPL Merging

is being able to walk a trigger a real skill? seems to me that the 15bps limit jsut leveled the playin field. im all for the 15 limit
Old 12-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Walking, to me, isn't skill. It's a stunt that you've trained your fingers to do. Shooting fast and accurately hitting something WHILE running is a skill.....Accuracy with 1 shot is a skill. Being able to read a field so well as to know 7 moves ahead of what's happening is a skill. But, normal walking the trigger that you see in videos, just spraying paint, isn't a skill in my eyes. So you can shoot fast with your fingers....Whooo Hoooo!

Another controversial idea is that semi really isn't semi anymore. People do so much tweaking to their triggers that it really isn't a "true" semi - 1 shot per pull - semi. Most of the times, after tweaking the trigger so much, the person may think they're pulling 1 shot at a time, but the gun is actually adding shots. It's a physical fact that the human fingers can only move so fast. Anything over 16 or so bps is electronically aided. You want true semi? Use a pump at pump fields and play pump games and pump tournaments. That's the only way you'll get true semi these days.

I have a whole article about it in one of my mags....I'll see if I can find it and get it posted. Made me do a lot of "Wow, I didn't realize that!"

I know this is going to cause a stir with a couple of people here, but I see nothing wrong with a 15 bps cap and PSP ramping. Everyone is shooting the same speed, so that leaves tactics, communication and ability. No more lopsided, artillery-loaded teams if everyone is restricted to the same speed.

Now, disclaimer before hot heads get out of control. This is my opinion. Take it or leave it. I may have a totally different one 6 months from now, but this is the opinion I've had for about 6 months now...I don't see that it's changed much.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Chopper Dave. We Have Uh-Oh

All i have to say is most people who cry about ramping havnt acctually shot or played against ramping. Its not 15 bps all the time. Most times i barely even hit ramping while playing and when i its only a few short seconds of it. Personally it makes the games level for those who cant shoot.
Closed Thread