View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 09:54 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Default Re: i was thinking about this..

Nice equations but theory is often offset by reality(one of DRAGON's favorite proverbs). You've left out a bunch of variables such as pressure rating, flow property, flow properties of the valve and regulator, flow properties of the propellant tank, weight of the striker, not only spring weight but spring tension since it is adjustable, shall I go on? This is why you cannot say a certain tank will yield 'X' amount of shots per tank especially with our different LP Spyder setups. Thus another ton of variables from the different modifications and components available on the market. To say that if my Spyder ran at 150psi I'd have better efficiency than if it ran at 300psi is totally incorrect. If you want to dabble in equations, figure out how much total volume of pressure for each shot it takes to push a ball through a barrel at 280fps at 150psi as compared to 300psi not theoretically equating volumes of space within a tank and the marker tubes. It takes less volume to push the ball at 300psi than it does at 150psi. Finding the mean flow per volume per velocity is the key to efficiency -

I know this is speaking of another marker but use the new and old Shockers as an example. They both run at extremely low pressures but are total gas hogs from the box. It takes an aftermarker bolt kit to prudently shave that bad efficiency into a more respectable state -

Low pressure does not mean less pressure. Seems that some confuse both because it comes to mind when you say it. They are not synonymous in the least. I'd like to hear Otter's imput on this subject -

See, I didn't YELL or anything of the like -