View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: I got someone to surrender today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QAZ123
Sound's like you had a great day Vike!

If you have to use that paint anymore here's what you can do for a homemade detent cause I've had to use that Diablo your talking about before. If the ball roll's out of your smallest detent ring (silver .679 one) then don't use them. Instead take a piece of electrical tape about 3/4 inch long. Wrap one edge on the outside of your barrel back and fold the other side into the barrel but pinch the piece going inside just a little bit to form a crease. That way you have a large detent inside your barrel that hold's the ball in place but gives to let the ball go through when fired. I do this all the time anymore with my sniper as it's very effective and doesn't hinder accuracy. I don't even bother with my barrel kit anymore I just use my boomstick and the tape detent.
JB.
That sounds like a great idea! I'll definitely try that - it's really frustrating when paint rolls out....I actually went to Wal-Mart today and bought a small thing of Scorch to see if it would fit better in the barrel. It's pretty small, but not nearly as small as the Nightmare stuff I have now. I still have 3 bags of that stuff left though, so I'll definitely try the tape thing.

Claus - I like the thickness of the shoulder part, but not the overall look of it. I think I just need to get used to the stock. After using an HPA tank for a stock for years, you sorta get used to it - it's pretty comfy after all!