Thread: Soc Gdt
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:52 AM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Soc Gdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
Thanks Shu. I agree with you on all accounts. I've been 3 years without having a car (though access to one) and I've haggled my way on both my bikes (though private sales). I have no problem saying "no thank you!" I probably won't be financing (not worth it anyhow). I guess the thing that surprises me is how much these damn things (cars in general) cost with such high mileage if they are < 10 years old. Even on Craigslist, cars with more mileage are for sale at ~10k. 2002's are half the price, though.

But the car has been sitting for sale for a month (27 days). I may take a look at it sometime, but it's an hour out and I don't have a car haha.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it. I decided to get a used car instead of a new car as a temporary means. I only really plan to get 3 years out of any vehicle I buy at this time and thus I'm staying under 10k. Granted, I don't want it to be a piece of crap! Of course, it is more difficult because I want to be able to tow a light trailer (at least one of my motorcycles, if not both) but am straying away from trucks.

EDIT: Actually I was reading this somewhere.. I read online that sometimes (not often) you can convince a dealer to let you take the car overnight to see how you feel about it. Maybe not. I am just always uncomfortable doing an emergency stop during a test drive with the salesperson there, hahaha.
No problem man. And don't be worried about doing the emergency stop, just let them know that you are gonna do it. I have been on many test drives and have pushed cars so hard, and the salesperson has never said anything about it. I test drove a Civic Si probably about 5 years ago, I hit 105 mph on the freeway and the salesman didn't say a word. I think they know you gotta test the car and as long as you don't test the airbags, they are good with it.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations