Thread: Soc Gdt
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 04:03 AM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Default Re: Soc Gdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddytaco View Post
I am good on gear, actually went out and bought all that first. Got nice (pronounced: expensive) helmet, gloves, boots and a jacket. Guy threw in a honda full leather racing jacket with the bike to so now I got that for winter/track riding.
+1 on everything you've said, really. But I can't tell you how much money I've actually ended up spending on gear, it's ridiculous. And trackdays are SO much fun. I've been considering racing school and racing a 650 in the lightweight twins class, but I am likely going to wait until I can get a job and be located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian View Post
I have always found bikes to be cool as hell when driven appropriately. BUT I know that I am too much of a scaredy cat to drive one even if it looks like alot of fun. It's one of those things where I wish my balls hung lower for.
If you can, take the class (MSF). I forget where you're located, but some states offer it for free. Even if you don't plan to ride or buy a bike ever/anytime soon, I think it's something everyone should do. Half because I think everyone should realize what goes into riding a motorcycle before they buy one, and the other half so that people realize that there motorcyclists out there.