Thread: Soc Gdt
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Default Re: Soc Gdt

Originally Posted by Muddytaco View Post
Went out to california for christmas....managed to get pulled over doing 89 on the way there and topped it today in the middle of ****ing no where texas doing 98....wwwoooootttttt $486 down the drain!!!!!!!!
LOL, I've gotten 2 for 85 in a 55 and neither were more than $200. I fought 1 to fight it, the other was very obviously not me, but they didn't care:
  • Officer admitted to being unable to identify car make model or color before having pulled me over
  • Officer turned his back after making a measurement on his LIDAR device, checked both ways and jogged 20 feet to his cruiser that was across the enterence ramp from him
  • Given his claimed distance on the measurement, it would have been impossible for him to pull me over where he did even at the speed limit.
  • The angle of his measurement could feasibly allow a car to dip in and out of his line of sight

Kinda BS, but the court hearing was in a bad part of town and they didn't care at all.

Side note that marv might find funny. I was doing some downloading and I found some stuff in flac that I needed. I got it and then discovered it was a vinyl rip... Not really something I care about, but the files were abnormally huge (like as big as you claimed them to be before). I took a look. The rips are 24bit @ 96000Hz, aka 3030KB/s... ~100MB/album, ~1GB/album. I don't think I'll ever need that kind of quality, but TIL vinyl is higher quality than CD and not just some earthy nostalgia. I probably won't DL anymore unless I have to, but I won't decrease their quality.