View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 05:33 PM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Default Re: Got myself a Metadyne Thumper (No. #157)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagabondStarJXF View Post
I don't know. What's a nova?

edit:
Yay! I've found some (total of 4) 12g caplets hiding away with my T9! Erm... I think I'll strip it down, clean out the dow55 and relube with petroleum jelly before I gas it up... Just to be good, y'know, because I'd already cleaned out the trigger frame 'n stuff. I won't have a chance to buy any more 12g's before the new year so I figure it's a good idea to cycle the correct lube through the internals before I run out of gas.
The Nova is an old (I mean old) pneumatic marker that relieved the idea of a moving bolt by pneumatically moving the barrel forward and back.

And I was wrong to say that it is a Mechanical Nova, as the Nova was mechanical (but penumatic). Instead this would be considered simply a Pump Nova.

Nothing against the marker or Metadyne, but from the few videos I watched on YouTube, it would seem as though the markers available are really still Prototypes with all the bugs that come with them.

EDIT:

Okay, so if any of you don't know how this gun works (I didn't before), the key is it uses a spring loaded rotating mass instead of a spring loaded sliding mass to actuate the valve. Beyond that and the barrel instead of a bolt, it's more or less the same as anything else.

Last edited by leed : 11-07-2011 at 05:44 PM.