View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 AM

Respected, period.

Default I need your opinion on what I should do...

So I've been "building" a website for my little sister's physical therapist... for over a year. It has not taken so long because of me, most of the time has been spent waiting on them. When we first sat down and discussed the website, we laid out the design ideas and general page content. From that I designed the home page in photoshop, to give them an idea of what it would look like and to see if they liked it. After a few very minor changes, they gave me approval on the design. I coded all the pages (some where around 12-15 pages) and had them all up on my site, just as a test so they could see it. I did not have all the content but they told me they were working on getting all the content I needed together. Month goes by, I don't hear anything from them, so I email them and ask the for the content again. After this I email them every 2 weeks asking for the content and either don't get a reply or I'm told they are working on it. 8 months go by and I get a response saying, "We need to get together and discuss the website, iron everything out and get this thing moving." The email really pissed me off because I felt as though they were putting the status of the website on my shoulders, even though I had done everything I could do and was waiting on them. So we get together to discuss the website, and after all is said and done, I have to completely redesign the website. All the work that I had done up to this point is trash and I have to start over. So I redesign it, send them the new design and they "Love it". So once again I build the site and all the pages, but still don't have the content I need. I've been asking for the content for 3 months now and still nothing.

To date, I have been working on this site for well over a year, have 50+ hours into this and have made a grand total of $0. I'm very tired of waiting and on top of that I'm afraid in the end, I'm not going to get paid for my work. So I'm trying to decide what to do. I've thought of telling them that they have until the end of July to get me everything that I've asked for to complete the site, or I'm done. I've thought of just telling them that I'm done. I've thought of sending them a bill for everything that I've done until this point. I've never had this issue before with a client so I'm just not sure how to handle it. The other issue I'm having is, this guy is a great physical therapist and is very good to my little sister, and I would hate to jeopardize that.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations