Thread: Soc Gdt
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 05:03 AM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Soc Gdt

Was at the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealership last night. My older sister has a Toyota Corolla, that she bought brand new, with 210,000 miles on it. The check engine light came on so she took it in...

Needs a new tranny and catalytic converter, about $5,000 in work and the car is worth, KBB, $1500, so her and her husband decided to just buy a new car. While I was there I decided I'd sit in the Dodge Challenger RT that they had sitting on the showroom floor...

I was very, very disappointed. The salesman said, when I sat down in it, that it was "fully loaded" and that there wasn't another option you could add to it. Sticker price was $42,000. I could not believe how cheap everything felt. I opened the storage area thing in the center console and felt like I was going to break it. I opened the sunglass/garage door opener holder in the roof, and the entire headliner moved. The shifter felt like plastic and everything else just felt so "cheap", can't think of any other way to say it. I was shocked, $42,000 and that is what you get. A buddy of mine works at the Honda dealership across the street from the Dodge dealership, so I stopped there when I left. He said they had just taken a Challenger SRT8 in on trade and that he had been excited to drive it since he liked the Challenger too. In my mind, I had already been thinking "cheap", first thing he said about the car was "cheap". I'm shocked, Challenger looks nice, but is no longer on my list of cars that I would buy.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations