View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
THE GAME

Default Re: College - going: Q - what w/ paintball

You have to be incredibly good to win any respectable semi tournament with a pump. I am planning on making a pump league, and the way I look at it, my protege may NEVER get used after this summer. I'm looking for a way to stay fit in college, and nothing else really appeals to me, at least with a pump I can play often. With a spare I'd be able to loan it and get people interested in playing my league.

And what hoppy said. Stop arguing about pump vs. semi. Chris is right too, Semi is far more advantageous in a tournament, and it's proven itself by the ratio of semi to pump players (like 30k+ to 1 I'd guess). With pump you have very little brute forcing ability, and it's difficult to overcome another player's dominance of a lane, since most of the time you need at least a 10 ball string to make him nervous enough to pop back in.

I'm still leaning towards B/2. I'm getting the vibe that you guys only voted A/1 because you don't like pumps. I'd much rather have a pump in use than a semi sitting around, loosing value. I honestly think I should sell NOW and get my max value for this thing. Not to mention, phantoms hold value much better than semis do, so sitting on it for 4 years might only result in a drop of like 50 bucks in resale whereas a protege would be nearly worthless then.