Re: Child Psychology Survey
Age: PM me?
Highest level of education completed: Masters in psych
Marital Status: Married
Occupation: Department of Human Services
Do you spend time with children (your own or others)?: all day everyday?
~these are simple numerical answers~
At what age should a child be able to:
1) Help adult pick up toys and put them away-2
2) Feed him/herself with a spoon. 1 1/2
3) Bring an adult an object, such as the remote control. My kid steals them..2
4) Use a vaccum cleaner with some help from an adult. 5
5) Help set the table for dinner. 6-7
6) Dress him/herself with little help from an adult. 3
7) Fold and put away clean clothes. 10
8) Take out the garbage. 10
9) Use a feather duster to help dust furniture items. (who dusts?) 6
10) Take a bath by him/herself. 3
The lower numbers for me are more accurate as I have been around my own children who are still young, some of the stuff they havent done yet are more or less guesses, as the children I work with are often forced to do many of these things before they are ready...
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."