View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 12:40 PM
THE GAME

Default Re: Smart Parts Trademark

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIKEFIRST
Wow...a STUPID MISTAKE...Honestly I'm crushed

Dude get over it...have a good laugh and move on.
i just don't see what there is to laugh about, maybe you can help me see that, but the way i see it is the whole laughing part was built around a false understanding of what trademarking is. if they had claimed to have coined the phrase or had actually tried to sue over some one saying it online or something then it might be funny, but it isn't that. its just an ordinary marketing job, being done correctly, if thats funny somehow, you must just have a complete blast looking at the ads between articles in magazines.

Quote:
symbol 4.13 The TM symbol used next to a trademark provides notice to the world that a company claims trademark rights in that mark. Companies can use the TM symbol on any mark which serves to identify that company's goods, and the SM symbol on any mark which serves to identify that company's services. There is no need to have a federal or state registration prior to using the TM or SM symbols. However, use of the © symbol requires a federal registration.
Quote:
Legal protection for a word, name, symbol or device which is used in trade with goods to indicate the source of the goods and to distinguish them from the goods of others. A servicemark is the same as a trademark except that it identifies and distinguishes the source of a service rather than a product.