Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   General Spyder Forum (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Paintball Terminology - A wifes disliking (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=9804)

STRIKEFIRST 03-12-2007 01:53 PM

Paintball Terminology - A wifes disliking

Well I turned on my Greg hastings max'd the other day and my wife hears my 5 year old daughter say..."Let's Mow Some Faces"...Obviously this new phrase came from me and not the video game...

My wife wasn't happy.

So hears my question to you...especially some other people with kids...

What Paintball terms do you consider "offensive" and is "mow faces" one of them?

Sandman_Bravo 03-12-2007 02:11 PM

Re: Paintball Terminology - A wifes disliking

It's not "offensive", but I don't think my wife would want to hear it coming from any of our kids either. I think if you were in the company of some of your buds and your daughter said it, it would be laughed off. (Just remember to explain that nice little girls don't say that) In front of the wife and... well you got the response I would have. I guess it's mature-agressive type phrases and that's what a wife finds offensive.

TheRedBarron 03-12-2007 02:29 PM

That sucks, last time I was with my wife she mentioned somthing about killing fools, she also once said lets rape some noobs, and regularly says mow faces. My daughter Makyla who is now talking repeats everything that we say, I dont see a problem with it outside of the rape comment.

vikingshadow 03-12-2007 02:30 PM

Well, I'm very outspoken on how the sport should be perceived by those not actually playing it, so I find any reference to gangster'isms and paintball inappropriate - not offensive, but totally unnecessary.

Contract killers (I don't care if Hybrid has it or not), straight killers, mowin' *****es, shooting someone in the face, etc. IMHO are all unnecessary and actually do more harm in the eyes of the public than good. Face it, we're the new sport on the block, and as such, we have a lot to prove to the world if we want to be taken seriously. How do you expect to be taken seriously if you act like that? That being said, you can't go all thug and be respected.

Most people at my field know that when my kids are out there, they better watch themselves. Of couse, most kids cool down when I'm out there anyways due to my position in the school and they don't feel appropriate. However, there's this one kid who's taken to calling me "Bryce" and it's rubbing me wrong right now (he's an 8th grader...)

Oscum Guy 03-12-2007 03:10 PM

bryce? thats just random and stupid?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
she also once said lets rape some noobs

wow.

calebh 03-12-2007 03:14 PM

im with vike on this one. mow faces? rape noobs? kill fools? ya, you're cool...

marvin-martian 03-12-2007 03:30 PM

this is making me miss sac :(

Theheroguy 03-12-2007 03:35 PM

sac? I can see the other ones but not mow faces

Backmanshooter 03-12-2007 03:36 PM

She probably took it literally.

Taking a lawnmower to someones face.

marvin-martian 03-12-2007 03:39 PM

sac was a member here who is/was really agg.

anyway, some of the phrases are fun to say, but when you actually think about it youll see how dumb it is.