Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Electronic Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Loud!!!! (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8041)

tampaimpact16 12-23-2006 01:03 PM

Loud!!!!

omg my pilot is so damn loud... it scares all the little kids in my neighborhood.lol
waht is causin it??
ugh how can i make it calm down a bit, in terms of volume(still have ALL stock parts)

Hossy 12-23-2006 01:07 PM

Re: Loud!!!!

search :)

08Lud08 12-23-2006 02:18 PM

There really isn't a way to make it sound quieter, even if you go lp. I also noticed if your dry firing aim at the sky so it doesn't echo off hoses and fences. If you want a quieter gun than upgrade but sound isn't really a bad issue unless your playing stealth scenario games.

druid 12-23-2006 02:29 PM

rapidly expanding gas = loud
Solution = none

...if you fart slowly, it's quiet.
When you are in school, you force it so it's loud right?
Same principle

vikingshadow 12-23-2006 03:41 PM

What's with all this "search" stuff lately? Geez, we all had questions at one time or another, and we ALL asked instead of seaching, so let's play nice and just answer the man for Christ's sake....

Druid gave you the answer as to why. As far as quieting it down, an aftermarket barrel with quite a bit of porting will help some. You can also start taking it towards the low pressure side of paintball, and that will help.

Sandman_Bravo 12-23-2006 04:10 PM

Going lp with a more ported barrell (14" J&J S2) quieted mine down a LOT!

MVS1 12-23-2006 04:46 PM

There is quite a bit of difference in the report of an LP marker vs. one firing at 700+psi. If you wnat to just get it quieter when dry firing while testing try taking a rag and stuffing it in your barrel so that only a few of the ports in the porting are still open(lets the air/gas escape) and then hold a rag over the feedtube while firing. This will increase your blowback abit, but it quiet down the marker as well...just don't forget to put the barrel plug in, and always fire it in a safe direction.

Hossy 12-23-2006 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikingshadow
What's with all this "search" stuff lately? Geez, we all had questions at one time or another, and we ALL asked instead of seaching, so let's play nice and just answer the man for Christ's sake....

the reason i think he should search is that hed see Druids post about illegal silencers, and maybe a page or two on some stuff....

Searching usually brings up more answers than what he could get in the next 5 hours, depending on what hours they are :)

SpyderMan231 12-23-2006 05:30 PM

get a smart parts all american barrel. makes a big diff. there accurate as hell and kick butt. get a long one 16 inches. man what an awsome sound..... wooooWEeeee

bamf-hacker 12-23-2006 06:38 PM

as for the search thing... By all means tell someone to please search for answers, but still give them an answer. EX...

The nature of the Spyder and the way it operates will cause your gun to be loud. If you change the barrel or do the mods needed to make it run at a lower pressure it will help with the sound signature a little. Also in the future try the search feature on the forums. There is a wealth of knowledge to be found.

Get it on the search thing? Going forward, just typing something to the effect of "use the search button" will be considered trolling and is a banable offence... Happy Holidays :)