Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Electronic Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   what is lp and hp (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7968)

batnan 12-18-2006 09:01 PM

what is lp and hp

What is the difference between low pressure and high? What pressure does the electra operate at?

shunut 12-19-2006 07:50 AM

Re: what is lp and hp

The difference is exactly what they say. One is High pressure one is Low. Generally high pressure is considered 5-600 psi and up. Low pressure is below that. Electras would be considered high pressure.

When it comes to compressed air tanks. High pressure tanks hold a pressure of 800-850 psi. Low pressure tanks hold a pressure of 400-450 psi.

batnan 12-19-2006 06:36 PM

which is better or recomended to use with the electra?

bigred76 12-19-2006 06:41 PM

I'd say HP as more markers use it than LP. The only LP only markers are pre-G7 Angels, and those can be modded to work with it by flipping some springs in the HPR.

batnan 12-19-2006 07:20 PM

thx 4 the info. How is nitro and co2 relative to hp and lp?

vwjimmy 12-19-2006 07:38 PM

'Nitro' is mostly a term used by paintballers for compressed air. Although nitrogen is used to fill paintball tanks, it is rare and compressed air goes in the same tanks, is cheaper and readily available.
CO2 is a cold liquid that vaporizes when depressurized and is widly used in paintball.
Each gas goes in a diferent kind of tank.
CO2 is easy to get and can be used without a tank regulator because it discharges at approxemently 800 to 850 psi. It can discharge into a marker as liquid as well and the pressure is variable so it can greatly effect performance and accuracy.
Compressed air is used in a tank that has a regulator on it to insure the correct output pressure. Because it is always in gas form, it is a much more stable propellent. The tanks for compressed air are much more expensive though and the compressors required are not on every street corner so it can be hard to find a fill station.
Almost all paintballers prefer air to CO2. And most high end paintball markers require air and will not run on CO2.
CO2, because it is cheap, easier to come by, and can be used unregulated, is still widely used in paintball. Most Spyder markers will run on CO2 or high pressure compressed air.
Go to this website and Otter can tell you all about it as well as answering most any question you might have about markers, marker maintence, and equptment.
Spyder Bible
Good luck!

08Lud08 12-19-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batnan
How is nitro and co2 relative to hp and lp?

I dont understand the question but co2 is hp and is about 800+ psi. compressed air is cleaner and more stable than co2 at high rates of fire. If that didn't answer you feel free to ask more questions.

shunut 12-19-2006 08:30 PM

Technically, the air we breathe and put into our tanks is mainly nitrogen. 78-80% of the air we breathe is nitrogen so the "Compressed Air" is mainly nitrogen. Like Jimmy said, its rare to people filling their tanks with pure nitrogen. As for your question, everything that Jimmy said is pretty much what I would say.

batnan 12-19-2006 10:52 PM

THX for all the feed back it is extreamly helpful and is making a big difference in my understanding

batnan 12-20-2006 08:13 PM

i was thinking of buying the evil detonator regulator but still havent decided on nitro or sticking with c02. also if i do get the reg what should i use nitro or c02 i was also thinking bout getting low blow derlin bolt and maddman rocket valve. All suggestions are welcome because the money is burning a hole in my pocket.