Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Electronic Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Pilot ROF ???? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7965)

toxtrem 12-18-2006 08:17 PM

Pilot ROF ????

Why, when I have my pilot set to semi and pull the trigger does it seem to shoot like it is set to auto? Do I have the trigger set up to tight, or is it recoiling off my finger, what's going on? I set it to semi so that I only shoot one ball at a time but somehow I end up shooting multiple ball on occasion.

Sandman_Bravo 12-19-2006 03:08 AM

Re: Pilot ROF ????

Are multiple balls coming out of the barrel when it only fires once, or is it firing multiple times?
The reason why I ask about multiple balls is that if the detents are bad, you can fire more than one ball at a time. But usually the second ball doesn't travel far or breaks in the barrel with the next shot.
If it is firing multiple times when you pull the trigger once, You may be getting trigger bounce. Check to make sure the selonoid (under the grip) isn't getting squeezed by the grips. My nephew has a Pilot that would fire multiple times when he squeezed the grips tightly against the 'noid.
Finally, give it a good cleaning and oiling.

boomerisnuts 12-19-2006 04:01 PM

like sandman said it could be the detents

toxtrem 12-19-2006 06:26 PM

It's a new gun so I'd have to put the detent theroy to sleep, and I cleaned the gun thoughly prior to shooting it. As for pinching on the grip, it could be happening but I don't think so. It seems as though my finger is recoiling of the trigger more than anything. I've heard a term used called walking the trigger, I don't know what it means does anyone else? If so is tis what is happening?

bigred76 12-19-2006 06:38 PM

OK, use two fingers to walk across your desk in front of you. Now, use that same motion while having your trigger fingers inside your trigger guard. That's "walking the trigger." More like "running" with most people, lol.

Try tightening the screw for the detent, it mighta wiggled loose somehow.

08Lud08 12-19-2006 07:30 PM

Its most likely bounce. The Pilots kick causes it to double fire. It happened to me a lot. also when I got my t-board, the kick made my gun shoot 20+bps and I chopped because I had 3 balls left and was like wtf? and then I noticed when I shot once and let go of the trigger it would have nasty bounce and keep shooting 20+cps until I stopped the trigger and held it down. I was going to buy a sundragon trigger with magnets to see if that would stop it but I got a new gun and I stopped messing with my imagine so I never got the chance to see if it would solve the problem.

bigred76 12-19-2006 07:45 PM

Hmm, you could adjust your trigger away from the switch some for a longer pull and see if that would help some. Otherwise, you could mod it for a magnetic return.

MVS1 12-20-2006 10:44 AM

Before I got the t-board I had all kinds of problems with trigger bounce on my pilot. Try adjusting the set-screw on the trigger that contacts the micro-switch to the point that under light pressure it will not activate the micro-switch, apply slightly more pressure and see if the switch activates. This helps reduce if not stop bounce issues but also makes walking the trigger more difficult due to having to use more pressure to activate the switch. Tuning the trigger can be a real pain in the arse, it takes a lot of experimenting, the best thing you can do is get an aftermarket board (t-board rocks) that gives you the ability to adjust the "debounce" setting, this allows you to electronically tune your marker. It is well worth the money.

JMotioN 12-20-2006 01:11 PM

make sure your screws on your frame are tight also, that was a problem with mine too!

toxtrem 12-20-2006 01:24 PM

MSV1, thanks I think I'll try out your remedy before I buy a T-boarb.