Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Paintball Tournaments (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   PSP ramping; what is it really? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=709)

aodsnyper 01-11-2006 07:21 PM

PSP ramping; what is it really?

i was curious on how the PSP actually defines ramping. i had it explained to me today as (short and sweet):

"3 semi-auto pulls, 4th pull gets you into a three-round burst (or auto) which is then sustained by pulling the trigger five times a second to give you a 15 bps cap." is this right?

if so, i don't think the T-board w/ramping will work. one you reach your ramp setting, all you have to do is hold the trigger and it's full-auto.

i am looking for a site that explains the actual ramping definitions for each league. i was curious if i can set my T-board w/ramping chip up in these configurations.

thx,
justin

big_daddy_d 01-11-2006 07:47 PM

Re: PSP ramping; what is it really?

Don't think so if what you described at the beginning of your post is PSP ramping...

maximus100389 01-11-2006 08:11 PM

it is either what you already stated, or just on the 4th pull it goes 15 bps as long as u pull 5 bps. im not sure if it is some 3 shot burst. as long as u cap the T-board's ramping to 15 bps you will be legal.

Drefish99 01-11-2006 08:32 PM

PSP Ramping:

The first 3 shots are Semi Auto. After the 4th shot the marker ramps to the rate of fire your "Max Rate of Fire" is set to (Usually 15bps).

aodsnyper 01-11-2006 09:11 PM

okay, so i was informed correctly.

now how do i acheive that with the T-board and ramping chip? like i said, when i get it to ramp, it's pretty much full auto after that. i don't have to keep pulling the trigger.

justin

QAZ123 01-12-2006 05:16 AM

Well there's not really a setting to do that exactly but I think you can adjust your delay to where it doesn't shoot faster than 15 bps but I dunno it might be a pain!

JB.

ad0131065 01-12-2006 06:55 AM

If you have the ramping chip it adjustable from 9-20 bps, I think

geeZus 01-12-2006 09:36 AM

TRUE PSP mode is 3 semi shots, then after that all shots are 3 shot burst, capped at 15bps. It doesn't matter how many bps you pull after that 3rd shot, its gonna be 3 shot burst. After 1 second of not pulling though, it resets to semi.

It is 1000000000000x easier to ramp in PSP mode than in regular ramping. I had my Timmy on ramp mode with Frenzy 127.4 because it didn't have a real PSP mode and I had to actually walk the trigger(albeit walk it slowly) just to get it to cap. With PSP mode, you can eaaaaaaaaaasily one finger it to the cap. That really helps you when you are trying to reload.

aodsnyper 01-12-2006 10:23 AM

but you still have to walk the trigger, correct? that's what i'm trying to get at... with the T-board, once i get it to ramp, there is no walking necessary. i can just hold it in and it stays automatically.

justin

geeZus 01-12-2006 10:43 AM

You have to actually pull the trigger, yes, whether it be walking or one fingering. That mode you have described is NXL mode. 3 semi, 4th pull is full auto.