Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Member Reviews (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Kingman VS2 (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=6655)

OtterSC 10-09-2006 04:54 PM

Kingman VS2

VS2 w/ blue body kit and barrel tip.
HPA
Halo

This marker is a step beyond the typical Spyder that Kingman puts out. the marker with paint and air is well balanced.

it only has 2 firing modes... semi auto and 3 shot burst. there is a tournament lock that is a simple removal of a computer jumper from the electronic board which locks it in semiauto mode.

the eyes can be easily turned off if need be on the fly using the bottom of the 2 buttons on the heel of the grip.

there is no LCD. rather, to tell the user that the marker is in what fire mode, if the eyes are on/off, or if the battery is low, this is all done by LED lights.

contrary to how the directions are written, the large knob is not how one changes the pressure of the regulator when it is first mentioned. rather, it is by a set screw beside the knob.

the marker shoots well. and has very little recoil. the marker is driven by a spring for the striker and a spring for the valve. it is not powered by a ram like an Intimidator or Raven Primal. it is still a Spyder in function.

the valve is that of a 2 piece design. one that i will liken to an extension. there is also 2 striker buffers internally.

if one wished to place an aftermarket regulator onto the marker, they will need to purchase a new VA.

one other downside is that the VS2 only comes in a silver body.

the design of the Infiniti trigger is a much improvement to the standard 2 finger trigger as it provides better surface area for quicker response.

i like this marker as it is a giant leap forward with the name Kingman attached to it. it should be a consideration for any of those that wish to get a tournament ready marker out of the box.

for a more in deapth review with pics of both the VS2 and VS3, log onto my site.

bamf-hacker 10-09-2006 05:10 PM

Re: Kingman VS2

nice review Otter, but I can not find the review on your site. Can you please link to the review for us.

RomeNYRR 10-10-2006 04:50 AM

I think it's supposed to be here but i dont see it yet: http://www.ottersccustoms.com/vs-review.html

Mech Warrior 10-10-2006 06:36 AM

Otter - not trying to be argumentative, but could you please elaborate on how this is a 'giant leap forward' if it only has 2 firing modes?

applesauce 10-10-2006 06:43 AM

i also have a few questions...how easy it is it field strip this guy? when you talk about the led's for fironig modes and eyes,are they easy to understand, and a question that many people would prolly like an answer to, is how does this marker hold up agians ions (out of the box that is) ???

OtterSC 10-10-2006 08:15 AM

i will add a little extra to answer the two questions...

a giant leap forward because the body doens't have the regular Spyder look. everything looks like it was carved from the same piece of metal. with the new 3rd generation (3G) valve, it operates at a lower pressure. Kingman has said that LP was a "gimmick".

sure, it is held back by it's needed 2 spring blow back operation like a Spyder. and that it has 2 mods of fire. however, with the money that one will save on purchasing this marker versus a low grade Spyder and adding the LP "gimmick" parts, one can focus on an aftermarket board that will be tested shortly. ;) and can get the proper air for use with this marker.

field striping between this model, and the VS3 are quick and simple. simply pull out the cocking knob will only release the bolt, allowing it to be pulled out. the bottom tube internals will not "spring out" like in other Spyders. this allows one that uses a straight shot squegee to push straight throgh from back to barrel. off field maintenace like the cupseal is very much more involved as compared to a standard Spyder.

the LED's are easy. there are 2, i think. green, red, and orange. depending on the combo of lit LED's, tells the user what mode it is in.

as for comparison, i will put it this way... despite the differences on internals and how the VS and ION fires, i think they are equal. the VS should be a consideration as it is a simple marker that is operated on springs.

Hob Hayward 10-10-2006 11:38 AM

Woot Ion killer :) thats friggin awesome. One question though, how would you compare it to a high end LP spyder?

thechubbss12 10-10-2006 12:34 PM

Reviews are not a chat room fellas.

poopman9201 10-10-2006 01:38 PM

Otter, how does it compare to an ion, should i buy this over an ion?

pbfreak3221 10-10-2006 01:45 PM

Reviews are not a chat room fellas.

Also, thanks for the help but you do not have the authority to tell others what to do here.