Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Picture and Video Pages (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Tourney pics (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5932)

timmyshoota 09-03-2006 06:58 PM

Tourney pics

A new tourney series started here, called the EPL. Its a 3 man tourney series using PSP mode. 5 events, with the series champion in Open class winning 3 Eteks. Pretty decent turnout today and another local baller and I were taking photos today. This was my first time really doing this, so I got a lot of bad pics, but a few good ones. I had settings all wrong, and throughout the day I was changing things and getting better. The next few events should produce better pics. Here's just a few that I've PP'd and uploaded. These along with the rest will go on my flickr page at: www.flickr.com/photos/cmaulephoto/

I've got probably 45 more I've got to PP and upload tomorrow. I'm shooting with a Canon Digital Rebel XT with a Sigma 28-300 f/3.5-5.6 DG Macro lens. Right now I've only got a 1GB card, so I had to shoot at a lower resolution to get more pics. I need to get a couple 4GB cards so I can shoot in RAW and get better pics. I shot ~450 pics today, and only kept ~60 of them. Thats about 1 in 13 that were keepers. Gary Baum, owner of paintballphotography.com and staff photographer for PB2X and Splat keeps roughly 1 of 25. Hopefully at the next event I'll be around 1 in 20.

Hossy 09-03-2006 07:05 PM

Re: Tourney pics

NICE PICS!

my favorite one is the second one

pbfreak3221 09-03-2006 07:11 PM

sweet my favorite is the third

shunut 09-03-2006 07:53 PM

Nice pictures Chris. I like the ones you can see the ball in. Keep it up.

marvin-martian 09-03-2006 08:58 PM

nice pics. i love the ripples on the bunker in the second one.

but i thought you had to ref this weekend?

timmyshoota 09-03-2006 09:14 PM

I was, but Chad PMed me and said he didn't need me. I think he could tell I didn't really want to.

phatphil 09-03-2006 10:16 PM

^^^^^^ Wants Super Hi Res pics

chubb0rz 09-04-2006 07:19 AM

Looking good. Should try a polarized filter will do good at taking away alittle bit of that sun glare and sharpen the colors.

ooglieboogliebob 09-04-2006 07:40 AM

looks pretty nice to me :D

timmyshoota 09-04-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatphil
^^^^^^ Wants Super Hi Res pics

So do I, but my 1GB card said "HELL NO." I'm gonna pick up a 4GB before the next event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubby
blah blah blah

Yeah, I do too. I'm gonna goto some other Best Buys and see if they have the polarizer in 62mm. They had 58mm and 67mm only. :(

The glare off of guns and bunkers was killing me. I deleted so many nice pictures because of it. The picture would be perfect, but there was no detail in the guns, just a big glare.