Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Veteran Forum (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Getting back in (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=4128)

xNinja-Dolphinx 06-18-2006 10:25 AM

Getting back in

Well after a break from the sport, I think I have decided to get back in. I've just turned to the lighter side and want to go pump now, seeing as how my reason for quitting was it cost way to much to go and shoot a case a day. Now right now im looking to have maybe $100 or less wrapped up in gear and the only gear i need is a mask and marker. I can get a used pair of Profilers for 40-50 which will leave me with 50-60 for a pump. Which is the best pump in this price range? I have also have no problem buying used or new.

timmyshoota 06-18-2006 10:59 AM

Re: Getting back in

Your best bet IMO would be a Hornet/Maverick/Trracer. You could also find a Hammer in that price easy, but I'm not a fan of them. I'm sure plenty of people here are though.

colonel_moo 06-18-2006 11:29 AM

i just bought an SL-68 for 58 shipped, and it is a really solid gun. but all pump guns are pretty much the same, they are all based on the nelson design, so you'd be pretty safe with any of them.

QAZ123 06-18-2006 11:31 AM

Yeah what Timmy said pretty much.

Don't you live in Fort Wayne, IN? If so there's a big group of pump player's in that are. Get on SCP and talk to one of the mod's named Chemical X he's in that part and can probably hook you up with a lot of different pump's. Once you find one you like go from there.

JB.

timmyshoota 06-18-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel_moo
i just bought an SL-68 for 58 shipped, and it is a really solid gun. but all pump guns are pretty much the same, they are all based on the nelson design, so you'd be pretty safe with any of them.

Yeah, it just boils down the the quality of the marker. There I can't help you, but I'm sure Tiger Dave or QAZ can.

Hossy 06-18-2006 11:39 AM

Brass Eagle Talons work amazingly well :dodgy:

SL-68 is the way to go IMO
i just sold one of them for 60 bucks if u woulda said something a couple of days ago, i woulda let you have it...

xNinja-Dolphinx 06-18-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QAZ123
Yeah what Timmy said pretty much.

Don't you live in Fort Wayne, IN? If so there's a big group of pump player's in that are. Get on SCP and talk to one of the mod's named Chemical X he's in that part and can probably hook you up with a lot of different pump's. Once you find one you like go from there.

JB.

Well Ft. Wayne is like 2 hours away... but I'll talk to him anyways

vikingshadow 06-18-2006 03:17 PM

Check eBay and type stock class or pump in the search bar. You can find all kinds of deals in there on pump markers...

Is it me, or are there a LOT of people switching to pump this year for pretty much all the same reasons?

QAZ123 06-18-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Is it me, or are there a LOT of people switching to pump this year for pretty much all the same reasons?

No it's just a bunch of people switching for the same reason lol. It's a part time job replying to people's pm's on here, scp and myspace for me lol!

I think it's because it's a uniqueness also. Ya know if you got a high end marker and gear your agg and if you have a pump your unique or something but if you are on a budget with a budget semi your just the norm.. I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say right now.. I have it in my head what I'm trying to say just can't type it to make sense. :confused:

But yeah talk to Chem dolphin I know they play all over the place up there maybe closer than you think.

JB.

vikingshadow 06-18-2006 03:27 PM

LOL! I guess I understand what you're saying. I personally got into it for something different and challenging that would make me enjoy the game again. So far, it's doing a good job - it sure is tough, though!

I just hope that I get good enough with it that people will want to switch to pump around here and I won't be the only one anymore...I also want to be known as "the pump guy" at our field. That'd be kinda cool!